Valley Favorite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valley Favorite

I realize your belief on who will win the Valley regular season could be changing from week to week but I'm wondering what everybody is currently thinking.

Although untested, I'm going with the Redbirds. I don't think the Bluejays can do it without Stinnett getting it together and that appears questionable.

Of course a victory today by the Shockers will change my mind!!
    In the fast lane

Victory? I'm just hoping for not undoing the respect the team and Marshall & Co. have so deservedly earned this week but getting blown out by MSU. Keep it close guys.

Comment

Im with you Trop. Ill st is showing they have what it takes to take the Valley. Shoxs have for the moment silenced their critics and are providing a glimpse of a tough non quit team that should payoff with a few extra wins this year and lookout for the future. 9th place Valley team no way, I can see us being 4th and making the NIT!
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
        Victory? I'm just hoping for not undoing the respect the team and Marshall & Co. have so deservedly earned this week but getting blown out by MSU. Keep it close guys.
        Unless we are getting blown out by 30 just 5 mins into the 1st half, I don't think we lose respect even if the final margin of victory is 20 points. We've shown we can be competitive against good teams expecting post season play this year the first 2 games. This one is against what was considered one of the top 2 teams in this field. I don't think anyone will say..."well we were right the Shockers suck cause they got beat by 20pts to a team alot of people feel could be in the Final Four". I think they will say...."Well the Shox still proved that they are better than advertised and with the young talent they have right now could really be a team on the rise in February...stay tuned."
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I like to see the red birds face better competition before i proclaim them them the favorites. Right now, i dont think anybody in the valley has stepped and said we are the team to beat in the valley.
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I still think we need to take the next step today. Being competitive against a good team isn't enough...beating Siena isn't enough....we need to show some consistency and some sustained improvement.

Today sets up badly for us.....I am more than a little concerned. I hope they prove me wrong as the next four games will certainly test our mettle.

If we expect to compete in the Valley this year, and that is EXACTLY what I think the staff expects, then we have to make strides now. It isn't about winning, beating MSU or staying within X number of points....it is about improving and getting tougher. This tournament has helped but there is still a long way to go.

As far as the Valley goes, for me, I have been most impressed with SIU so far....their toughness is going to go a long way come Valley time. ISU is going to be right there, as well as CU who has better talent than anyone.

MSU is better than expected and everyone else is suffering from a lack of talent (EU, ISU, UNI) experience (WSU, BU, DU) or, in most cases, some of both.

Comment

ISU and SIU are at the top right now. Then there's everybody else.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

i wouldn't throw Cu under the bus yet. Altman teams know how to win against the valley. His weakness is losing nonconference games(and not playing any tuff comp). When SIU gets their big man back I think they are the team to beat. Ill St will be good, but I don't think 1st place good. And I thought the Shockers would have about 12 wins this year, but you guys are starting to talk me into mush higher expectations.
                Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                  ISU and SIU are at the top right now. Then there's everybody else.
                  Did you realize SIU got blown out by a very weak Western Kentucky team the other night?

They can't play defense anymore. They also appear to suck on the road.

Illinois State is the clear favorite right now. And then there's about 8 other teams. And then there's Indiana State.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

SIU is also without their big man. Once he returns they'll be fine.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The MVC right now looks more open than I figured before the season started. If Stinnett turns out to be a problem, Creighton could be down. SIU looks a step slow with their big guys. I think they can be exploited. Other teams are taking losses, also. With WSU looking good against Sienna, I think WSU might just be in the hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                        SIU is also without their big man. Once he returns they'll be fine.
                        He doesn't play defense either.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Changing week to week? I always say WSU will win the Valley.

:)

Comment

Valley Contenders----SIU, Creighton, Illinois State, WSU, Drake

Valley Pretenders----The other 5 teams
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                              Valley Contenders----SIU, Creighton, Illinois State, WSU, Drake
                              It's only November, pipe down on the koolaid. And Drake is horrible this year.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X