X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockerfan
    Originally posted by ABC
    Originally posted by MadaboutWu
    MSU didn't make the NCAA in the 2005-06 season, iirc.
    I thought George Mason beat them in the 1st or 2nd round during the final four run.
    Pretty sure they did, and then North Carolina in the 2nd round, us in the 3rd round, UConn in the 4th round

Also the year we lost to MSU by 15 or so (our sweet 16 year) was the same year that we lost to Illinois by 1-2 in the Padre tourney and had Karon Bradley shot his 3/4 court shot 1/2 second earlier we would have won.

Maybe the formula for our success at Wichita St is to narrowly lose to a very good BCS team (Georgetown) and then get pasted by Michigan St by at least 15. SWEET SIXTEEN HERE WE COME LOL. Just kidding of course!
    Yeah, you're right. I remembered we got further than them in the tourney but forgot the details. Looked it up; they were a six seed but dropped in the first round.
    Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
      What was the score last time WSU played MSU?

How did that season end up?
      I seriously hope you're not comparing that season and this season..
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Toure drives the paint 5 straight times to open the game and gets 5 straight foul calls on Raymar Morgan(Of course, we don't make the free throws). With Morgan out of the game, Michigan State doesn't know who to go to for points, so they resort to running down the Shot Clock to 1 second each possession and then throw up a prayer from 10 ft. behind the line. This technique proves fairly successful as Mich State takes a 33-14 lead into half time. Marshall decides to switch defenses for the second half and the Shox force 22 turnovers. Toure, Clevin, and even Stutz heat up from the outside and go 11-11 from 3-point land.

Shox win a bizarre one 67-49.

Seriously though, we need to make Morgan a non-factor and make all the easy shots if we wish to come out on top today. I really think we can beat this team, but it'll be close.

Shox 70
        Mich St. 64

Comment

Chrome Domes 77
          Wheat Street 64

Comment

Have loyalty to both schools, but Shockers spook Spartans this time 51-49 in another ugly/beautiful win.

Comment

Magic Johnson - 75
              Xavier McDaniel - 62

This Is Sparta - 75
              1 in the stink - 62

Mateen Cleaves - 75
              Matt Braeuer - 62

Z Bo - 75
              The Big Dog - 62

Susan May Pratt - 75
              Kirstie Alley - 62

Chris Hansen - 75
              Jim Lehrer - 62

James Caan - 75
              Don Johnson - 62

Kirk Gibson - 75
              Joe Carter - 62

Plaxico Burress - 75
              Doesnt have a football team so nobody from our school is in the news for being the 2008 version of Cheddar Bob - 62

Wayne Fontes - 75
              Bill Parcells - 62

John Smoltz - 75
              Darren Dreifort - 62

Burt Reynolds - Sorry this one has us beat.

Comment

Originally posted by WSU4Life
                Toure drives the paint 5 straight times to open the game and gets 5 straight foul calls on Raymar Morgan(Of course, we don't make the free throws). With Morgan out of the game, Michigan State doesn't know who to go to for points, so they resort to running down the Shot Clock to 1 second each possession and then throw up a prayer from 10 ft. behind the line. This technique proves fairly successful as Mich State takes a 33-14 lead into half time. Marshall decides to switch defenses for the second half and the Shox force 22 turnovers. Toure, Clevin, and even Stutz heat up from the outside and go 11-11 from 3-point land.

Shox win a bizarre one 67-49.

Seriously though, we need to make Morgan a non-factor and make all the easy shots if we wish to come out on top today. I really think we can beat this team, but it'll be close.

Shox 70
                Mich St. 64
                Sounds good, but I doubt Murry would go 0-10 from the FT line. He's our best FT shooter right now making 8-10 so far on the season for 80%. And he's hit some pretty high pressure crucial ones a time or two....still can't believe this kid is a freshman and plays with the confidence he does.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I predicted earlier that we'd lose by 16. Here are the 3 things we need to do to cut that margin down.

1. Shoot a decent percentage (>50% FG, >70% FT, >40% 3FG)
                  2. Outrebound them (>10)
                  3. Keep turnovers under 15, preferably under 10

If we do all 3 of these, we might even pull out a win, but if we only do 1 or 2 of them, it could, and probably will, get even uglier.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                    I predicted earlier that we'd lose by 16. Here are the 3 things we need to do to cut that margin down.

2. Outrebound them (>10)

If we do all 3 of these, we might even pull out a win, but if we only do 1 or 2 of them, it could, and probably will, get even uglier.
                    I still think one of the MAIN things we have to do better to avoid getting completely demolished is transition defense. They love to score in transition and are quite good at it and that is one thing we have been getting burned on.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Lake Afton- 70
                      Lake Michigan- 69

Comment

2. Outrebound them (>10)

I still think one of the MAIN things we have to do better to avoid getting completely demolished is transition defense. They love to score in transition and are quite good at it and that is one thing we have been getting burned on.
                        I think we just have to score more points!

Sorry couldnt resist! ;-) 8) :posterwu:
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11

2. Outrebound them (>10)

I think we just have to score more points!

Sorry couldnt resist! ;-) 8) :posterwu:
                          LOL if only it was that easy.....if our transition D isn't better then we WON'T score more points 8)

Comment

I just hope they keep the score close. If we get blown out, it could undo a lot of the good that has come from this Holiday weekend. If they keep it respectable, then their confidence will not suffer. We still have a couple of Texas teams and Gardner-Webb on the horizon.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                              Hey KC---speaking of strange predictions---How is that Siena prediction workin for ya baby? We lose by 10 you said? Hmmmmm? :D :D :D :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :yes: :shock: :lol: :roll:
                              Yeah, yeah. So I am proven wrong on very rare instances. I'll place money on this game however. :D

Comment

So how many points you giving?

Comment

Working...
                                X