Sparty Prediction Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparty Prediction Thread

No.6 ranked team, although that won't be the case come Monday.

Can we keep it competitive?

Again, we need to play 100x better than today to keep it close. We need effective offense and must hit our bunnies. Free throws wouldn't hurt either.

I'll be generous and say..

Michigan State 75,
    WSU 59
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Shox 66
    Mich State 65
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Another ugly game. Shocks 61-59.
      In the fast lane

Comment

Hawk has his breakout game. At least three guards catch fire from behind the arc. Post players struggle to score and stop scoring.

Overall, we win. 75-71
        Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
        Students > Alumni
        If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
        The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

I feel better about the team. But 3rd game in 4 days against very tough competition in which they have had to fight SOOOOOOOO hard and intense. I'm expecting a little bit of a let down.

MSU - 79
          WSU - 62
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Here's the deal. Michigan State is better than Georgetown right now in my humble opinion. However, we--the Shocks could have, should have, would have beat Georgetown--- but--- we could not shoot a lick. Thus, this may very well be the best team we play this year but we can't let them punk us.

WSU-70

MSU--68
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

We need to play our best game of the year to keep it under 10.

Shocks lose 74-58

Comment

Shocks 63

MSU 74
                “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Like others have said, I think we're gonna be absolutely beat playing three games of very intense competition in four days. They have just as much depth as we do.

MSU 76
                  WSU 61

Comment

I think we'd be a bit greedy with where we are right now to expect to win this one. I'm speaking about the fans--the TEAM needs to think and believe they can win every game they play.

With that said

MSU -- 73
                    Shox -- 65

This team will find a way to keep it interesting. Nothing would make me happier than to be an absolute pest to MSU.

Comment

MSU pushed us around the season we went to the sweet 16......this game is going to be much, much worse.

It is going to take a Hurculean effort to keep this game even remotely close.

Comment

Unemployed Auto Workers - 75

Unemployed Aircraft Workers - 70

If we can keep them from getting easy transition baskets (easier said than done apparently) we have a shot. Outside of that our D has been pretty solid and the offense may be coming around and the young guys are getting more confident.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

They give us more of an ass whoopin than when we played them in Auburn Hills a few years back and lost by 15 or so. We lose by 20. Those of you predicting wins, quit smokin crack!

Comment

Well they arent the experienced team we played in the sweet 16. I dont see a leonitis on this team either...but we certainly can match their inexperience but will not match them athleticly...Limit their easy transition buckets...play solid defense, rebound and offensively attack the wings and dish it out...hoping for the best...these kids just deserve for some things to go right for them.

In overtime....
                            michigan 78
                            WSU 71
                            1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Originally posted by WSUShokker
                              Well they arent the experienced team we played in the sweet 16. I dont see a leonitis on this team either...but we certainly can match their inexperience and will come up short on athletically...Limit their easy transition buckets...play solid defense, rebound and offensively attack the wings and dish it out...hoping for the best...these kids just deserve for some things to go right for them.

In overtime....
                              michigan 78
                              WSU 71
                              we didn't play them IN the sweet 16...just the year OF the sweet 16. Anyway, we aren't the experienced team that got smoked by their experienced team either.

I know everyone is feeling good and confident...but still.
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                              X