Katz tune changing in blog on Old Spice Classic site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meh, I don't get the hate.

Yes, I didn't like his comments re: the quality of the job, school etc.

But he was also our biggest fan not long ago, and we his.

He was wrong, he manned up, so I say moveon.org.

Comment

Gotta give the man credit for owning up. Others would have brushed it off.

It's be interesting to see whether he has learned a valuable lesson in knowing when to keep one's mouth shut.

Those of us who have "eaten crow" know it sure doesn't taste like turkey and definitely leaves a nasty after taste.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock

It's be interesting to see whether he has learned a valuable lesson in knowing when to keep one's mouth shut.

Those of us who have "eaten crow" know it sure doesn't taste like turkey and definitely leaves a nasty after taste.
        Okay. I didn't like what he said or the way he said it either. But why should he "keep [his] mouth shut." It's his profession. It's what he does. He gets people to read his column. And just what was it that he said that was untrue. I know, I know. I didn't like the digs either and he could have said what he did in a fashion that didn't piss us off so much. But it's what gets people to read his column. And I think he truly felt we should not have been in the Classic and that we would be a "pushover." He manned up and admitted he was wrong, and not only did he do it in print, but he did it on national television. I say we move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21

Okay. I didn't like what he said or the way he said it either. But why should he "keep [his] mouth shut." It's his profession. It's what he does. He gets people to read his column. And just what was it that he said that was untrue. I know, I know. I didn't like the digs either and he could have said what he did in a fashion that didn't piss us off so much. But it's what gets people to read his column. And I think he truly felt we should not have been in the Classic and that we would be a "pushover." He manned up and admitted he was wrong, and not only did he do it in print, but he did it on national television. I say we move on.
          Agree... time to forgive and forget! I'm damn glad he said what he did... it provided a young team a little early season motivation.

:good: :good:
          SFL is back!

Comment

Originally posted by SFL

Agree... time to forgive and forget! I'm damn glad he said what he did... it provided a young team a little early season motivation.

:good: :good:
            Hopefully they keep that motivation. Cause just the vibe I get from reading the articles after yesterday makes me feel they are just happy they got 1 win. Hopefully they don't feel 1 is good enough :).
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock
              One thing I like about Mr. Katz's blog post is his use of the word "Wichita". We had a thread in the off season about the use of Wichita versus Wichita State, I'm in the camp that the university drop the "state" from the name and return to Wichita University. Sorry for a relatively pointless post, it's early and I'm killing time on the crackberry before breakfast with the family at the Good Egg.

Go Shocks!!!!
              I am not extra sure about what I am about to say.

When the University requested state financing, the great State of Kansas agreed to do so and as a part of the subsidy, it required a name change to Wichita State University.

Comment

It also gets people to stop reading his stuff...
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I am not extra sure about what I am about to say.

When the University requested state financing, the great State of Kansas agreed to do so and as a part of the subsidy, it required a name change to Wichita State University.
                  The team that is known as Memphis plays for the school named Memphis State University.

Memphis has done so well for so long that people just got tired of adding "State University" every time they mentioned Memphis.

The same thing could happen to Wichita State, but it takes a lot of mentions of the name first - that's the tought part.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Memphis dropped the "State" part awhile back. They are the University of Memphis now. I do think we should drop the "State" as well and go with the University of Wichita.

The University of Memphis, also U of M, a public research university in Memphis, Tennessee. Founded 1912 and has an enrollment of more than 21,000 students.
                    Shocker Football...Alive in '95 errr 2005 errr 2025!!

Comment

Dropping "State" from the name would require action from the Kansas Legislature.

Memphis got the Tennessee Legislature to exempt them from the requirement of having "State" in their name.

Comment

Well that's an assinine rule.

KU doesn't have "State" in their name and they're the biggest teat hogs of them all.

I think an immediate name change is in order. They should be called:

State University of Kansas

Comment

Well, it's been a while since I looked at the State regulations so things may have changed ... but at one time the ONLY names allowed for state funded schools were "Name of State", "Name of State + State", and "Anything else + State". No duplicates were permitted.

And I'm also pretty sure the regulations were drawn up after KU and KSU had their names. Although SUK would certainly be more appropriate. :yes:

Comment

Uh... traditionally, the moniker "State" in the name of a university marks it as an agricultural research institution, created under the Morrill act. A land-grant university, if you will.

KU was not founded in this manner(it was chartered by the town citizens and an act of the Kansas legislature), while KSU was started with a federal land grant.

Wichita State picked up the "state" when it entered governance by the Board of Regents, it does not have it for the historical reasons... I can't say I'd be totally for losing the "state."

Wichita Shockers doesn't have much of a ring to it. We'd have to go with Wichita Wheatshockers or something. Doesn't really kill the "state school" thing you guys are trying to oust with dropping state from our name. Wichita State Shockers works for me.

Comment

I still call Memphis, Memphis St and to me we will always be Wichita State University!
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                              X