No announcement yet.

CU loses to UALR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When it is all said and done, I expect the Valley to be improved as a whole over last season. It's early. :wsu_posters:

Comment

Here's where I think the Valley is and where it's going.

It's a decently competitive league this year. ISU (red) looks solid, CU is good (in spite of UALR). But I think CU's loss last night means a lot of things need to go right to not be a 1-bid league. Either CU or ISU need to have stellar W-L records.

Both of those teams have enough young talent that I think they'll continue to be good for the next few years. Add WSU and SIU to the mix and I think the MVC can get back to the #7-8 conference in two years with 3-4 very strong teams at the top. I'm disappointed in Bradley. I didn't expect them to fall this far. Though I haven't looked closely, their recent recruiting classes don't seem to be panning out well.

When the MVC was at it's height a few years ago the bottom teams were relatively strong. And I think it is headed there again, just not this year and probably not next year.

Comment

Interseting to bring up Bradley.....A sweet sixteen team along with WSU...Both teams have fallen quite dramatically since then and if I was a Bradley fan I wouldn't see much difference between the two....Except I'm a WSU fan and see the remarkable young tallent we have and believe we are on track to be really really good over time.....

Comment

The thing with Bradley is that they didn't go through a head ccoaching change and don't appear to have capitalized on their S16 run. They did, however, lose what many say was their real Xs and Os assistant. Les can get athletes and some size, but can't seem to coach it consistently.

I think they'll be decent this year when Andrew Warren gets back. And probably next year when Warren, Dunson and Roberts are seniors. But other than Maniscalco and maybe Will Egolf, I'm not seeing much promise from their underclassmen. It will be interesting to keep an eye on 6-10 RS freshman Anthony Thompson. He was a high school teemmate of Toure Murry.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
            Once every few years the Valley collects enough experienced, pretty good players to worry about how the conference does to get into the NCAA on the Valley's coattails. I elect to be concerned about the Shocker's continued improvement. To get to where most of us would like will take a domination of the Valley like the Zags and Memphis has over their conferences. The chances of the Valley be a consistent powerhouse conference is slim.
            Tropical, I'm sure we all want the Shockers to dominate the Valley, but if the conference itself cannot maintain consistency (#6, #7, or #8), just how long do you think GM will stick around? The MVC needs to get to the level that even in a "bad" year, we get two teams into the NCAA. and the majority of the time we should get three or four.

GM's previous school totally dominated a weak conference for 8-9 years. And where did it get him? Low bracket rating and having to play one of the top four teams and losing out in the first round. Wasn't this supposedly his major reasons for taking the WSU job?

We need to dominate, but we need the Valley to be strong and consistent year-in and year-out as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock
              Once every few years the Valley collects enough experienced, pretty good players to worry about how the conference does to get into the NCAA on the Valley's coattails. I elect to be concerned about the Shocker's continued improvement. To get to where most of us would like will take a domination of the Valley like the Zags and Memphis has over their conferences. The chances of the Valley be a consistent powerhouse conference is slim.
              Tropical, I'm sure we all want the Shockers to dominate the Valley, but if the conference itself cannot maintain consistency (#6, #7, or #8), just how long do you think GM will stick around? The MVC needs to get to the level that even in a "bad" year, we get two teams into the NCAA. and the majority of the time we should get three or four.

GM's previous school totally dominated a weak conference for 8-9 years. And where did it get him? Low bracket rating and having to play one of the top four teams and losing out in the first round. Wasn't this supposedly his major reasons for taking the WSU job?

We need to dominate, but we need the Valley to be strong and consistent year-in and year-out as well.
              Just a heads up. If you don't want the 8) Emoticon to appear when you enter 8), just enter the character entity 8 in place of 8.

Comment

Or check the box that says "Disable Smilies in this post" before you press Submit.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                  Originally posted by 60Shock

Just a heads up. If you don't want the 8) Emoticon to appear when you enter 8), just enter the character entity 8 in place of 8.
                  Few and Calipari don't spend to many nights worrying about how many schools their league will send to the dance. I believe they are both in their 9th year at their respective school. There are plenty of low major schools making the dance. They are assigned to the 15th and 16th seed. Marshall will never have those seeds at WSU.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                  X