Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CU loses to UALR

71-69
    Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
    Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Re: CU loses to UALR

Originally posted by capnkirk
    71-69
    Good I hate Creighton. Yeah yeah, we want Valley teams to win non-conf...yadda yadda. But if I'm being truthful I NEVER want Creighton to win a game. This made my day!

Plus, the Conference is already showing signs of being pretty weak this year. So I don't feel so bad going against Creighton in the non-conference, we are probably a 1 bid league anyway.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

If it wasn't obvious before.. it's obvious now..

The Valley is getting 1 bid to the NCAA's.

The good news is it looks like the league could be wide open this year. That's a good thing for a young, inexperienced team like ours.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The valley just has to retool this year. There are several teams in this league that has alot of good, but very young talent. And maybe in a year or so, the valley can have another season like the one in 2006
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Ouch- I think our chances of not finishing in 9th are going up
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Full melt down and panic at the BJcafe.

They have been exposed to the reality that is the true blue P'unk that the rest of the valley has been able to see from day one. Already has been called a cancer by a poster!!

Suicide watch maybe called for in Omaha as their lasted version of a dream season takes an earlier than usual hit.

Dana may need to think about softening the non-con schedule in the future!! :lol:

Bad for the MVC but I can't help but laugh inside.
            :wsu_posters:

Comment

Re: CU loses to UALR

Originally posted by shockerfan
              Originally posted by capnkirk
              71-69
              Good I hate Creighton. Yeah yeah, we want Valley teams to win non-conf...yadda yadda. But if I'm being truthful I NEVER want Creighton to win a game. This made my day!

Plus, the Conference is already showing signs of being pretty weak this year. So I don't feel so bad going against Creighton in the non-conference, we are probably a 1 bid league anyway.
              Good points.. :good:
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown
                Full melt down and panic at the BJcafe.

They have been exposed to the reality that is the true blue P'unk that the rest of the valley has been able to see from day one. Already has been called a cancer by a poster!!

Suicide watch maybe called for in Omaha as their lasted version of a dream season takes an earlier than usual hit.

Dana may need to think about softening the non-con schedule in the future!! :lol:

Bad for the MVC but I can't help but laugh inside.
                :wsu_posters:
                I saw that. It appears P'unk is even punking CU fans..
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Teams win bids, not leagues. Do you know what it would take to get two bids? Just one single team turning out a really great year and then losing in the Valley tourny. Two bids. The valley does stink this year, though.

Comment

This is not good.
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock
                      This is not good.
                      Not at all
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Once every few years the Valley collects enough experienced, pretty good players to worry about how the conference does to get into the NCAA on the Valley's coattails. I elect to be concerned about the Shocker's continued improvement. To get to where most of us would like will take a domination of the Valley like the Zags and Memphis has over their conferences. The chances of the Valley be a consistent powerhouse conference is slim.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

Agree the Valley seems down...But UALR is now 4-0...Does anyone know if they are perhaps better than their name?

Comment

From what I've read, they were a 20-win team last year and returned 4 of 5 starters. So I don't think the loss is as bad as it sounds. Yet, it's still a game that the overwhelming MVC pre-season favorite ought to win.

Comment

Thanks RS..And you are right..In a good year the preseason pick ought to be in or hovering around the top 25...Maybe a down MVC year is just what these young Shockers need to build on

Comment

Working...
                              X