Orukpe makes all-star team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orukpe makes all-star team

Ehimen participated in this year's Basketball Without Borders Africa. Out of the 100 players from across Africa, he was one of the 20 selected to play in the main all-star game.
    In the fast lane

Even more to be excited about. Now if only we could actually get him here . . .
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

What is his ETA?

Comment

Last I heard there was still hope (50/50?) he could get here in time to enroll in some 8-week classes (like Bill Walker did last year at KSU).

Comment

Yep, I'd heard that there's still hope for October......
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Mentioned as youthful at the bottom of this article.

mentions in here as well as eze frank...

Our boy may be pictured here but there really is no way of knowing...

Actually as I edit this again I believe thats the national team picture not the U19 national team which I believe our boy is a part of.

Comment

I hope he makes it. We could really use some size this year.

Comment

This is what I'm expecting:
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

Baketball Without Borders is an NBA project. The NBA is doing a lot of social projects in Africa, but this is really an NBA camp scouting prospects in Africa.

Chances are the All-Star teams were selected by NBA-affiliated people. This event is a legitimate evaluation of talent by American BB standards. For American basketball, this is probably more significant than any All-Star rankings based on International play.

Interesting that 9 out of 20 players on the #1 All-Star team were from Nigeria.

It's going to be quite an adjustment from playing on a Continental All-Star Team in front of 300 fans to playing in CKA.

I doubt Orupke sees any action this year. I don't include him in any of my expectations for this season.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

If he actually gets here on time to play this year i guarantee he gets a lot of pt based on size alone.

Comment

Members of the coaching staff believe he can contribute to the team this year.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

From what I've been hearing it sounds like if he gets here he'll play.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

It would be mighty hard to sit a 7 footer with athletic ability and not play him.

Comment

Let's put this discussion to rest.

Barring injury, if the young man gets here, he will play and he will play this year.

Also, one could perhaps be on the lookout for some news in the next week or two. The wheels could perhaps be turning at a slightly improving pace.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                              Let's put this discussion to rest.

Barring injury, if the young man gets here, he will play and he will play this year.

Also, one could perhaps be on the lookout for some news in the next week or two. The wheels could perhaps be turning at a slightly improving pace.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
                              I'm checking out the window for flying pigs, because I think Doc actually came out with some info, without a tease or anything.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                              X