Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 60Shock
    For those wonderful Shock fans going to Orlando:

Orlando has probably well over a thousand restaurants of every variety imaginable to fit everyone's taste and budget.

Three of my favorite are and they are very reasonable:

TooJays (four locations) - Probably the best Jewish Deli outside of New York (they are in Miami as well). If you like Hot Pastrami (or Corned Beef) piled high on the best rye bread you've ever eaten, you can't go wrong. $7.95 and includes cole slaw or potato salad. Superb dill tomato soup on Friday nights only. Oh, did I mention the Cheese Cake?

Carrabba's Italian Grill (a rather small chain which I don't think is in the Mid-West). Everything is excellent. $8.95 - $22, minus drinks.

We have a carrabba's.

But ive been fiending for a nice pastrami sandwich lately. Wish I was going just for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
      We have a carrabba's.

But ive been fiending for a nice pastrami sandwich lately. Wish I was going just for this.
      lol..

Going for the food and the hell with the basketball..

Figures..
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I know some have already left for Orlando, but I was listening to the coach's show on 1330 tonight and Marshall said there was an event Saturday evening at WDW for teams and fans. Does anyone have info on this?

Comment

The weather here in Orlando is great. The hotel (Gaylord Palms) is even better. Haven't seen any of the players from the WU or any others for that matter. One of the waiters said all the teams were here so if thats the case I haven't seen very many "other" fans here or they are ashamed to wear their colors. Lots of shocker fans so I think we should make you all proud come thursday. Most of them are realistic about the team but thats why you suit em up and play. Going to DW tomorrow but was warned that there are still a mob of little ones to contend with.

Comment

Well Disney World was not all that much fun. Lots of people still and crowded. Lots more fans at the hotel looks like most started arriving yesterday. Lots of Michigan State and Gonzaga people. Some of the Michigan State people live in Florida (retired) go figure. Shocks are having a rally at noon in the hotel and then I think I will catch a shuttle and watch the first game. I did see some of the other teams players and you just don't realize how big these kids are until you see them up close and on the same footing. Go Shox! Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock
              I was going but a phone call from my two year old grand daughter blowing me kisses over the phone quickly convinced me to spend Thanksgiving in Atlanta.
              You can never go wrong choosing family 60. Well done :good:

Go Shocks!!!!
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
              X