No announcement yet.

Marshall Not Using Time Outs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

time outs are there for a reason, they need to be used in key situations. when a team is struggling, it's a good time to call a timeout. End of game situations, most coaches are calling a timeout to set something up. however, i'm all for letting the players go if they are smart enough to get into something and get the defense guessing. However, the players we have on this team, don't seem to be quite good enough to just run with something in a late game situation when we need a basket. I really think a timeout with this group to set something up would be a good decision

Comment

i believe there were only something like 7 seconds remaining left when we took the ball and were down by 3. UMKC has so many different zone defenses that if you call a timeout they can change there defense from what they normally run in the situation that was at hand. By the time our guys figured out what defense they were in it would be time to force up a shot. coach had a play on for what defense they play after a made shot it just didnt get the look that we quite wanted eventhough he said he had no problem with the shot reggie took.

at first i thought he should have called a timeout bc he could set up a play but after thinking about the situation more i realize why he didnt and it was probably the right call.

The only thing i see that might be a problem is Marshal hasnt shown a knack for being able to draw up a play in a crucial situation to get us a bucket. A coach that i remember being really good at this was greg mcdermott. he would take timeouts in crucial situations and always seemed to come up with a bucket.

Comment

We go an open look. What more do you guys want?
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
          Sounds like they want their shot at coaching LOL. We have alot of up and comers on this board I think!!
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
            thats why i didnt have a problem with it wednesday. didnt get a bad look and it made more since to not take a TO in that situation.

Comment

My main complaint is not about the end of the game, but rather when we were in the fortys, when they went up 47-44 on us on the goal tending call. HCGM did not call a timeout, and I think he should have.

They went on to widen the gap between us after that.

Comment

While I don't have a problem with how HCGM called or didn't call timeouts, I feel it is well within a fans right to question what a coach does. This is a message board and we are fans. I hate it when somebody pulls the "Coach" card to stifle debate. You aren't a paid coach so you can't have an opinion. How many people on this board aren't officials, but can't wait to give their opinion on the refs? Are we going to say that if you're not an official you can't have an opinion about them? If we did that, this would be one quiet message board!

Comment

Originally posted by calfan
                  Are we going to say that if you're not an official you can't have an opinion about them?
                  That'd make my life easier if we could get the entire world to live by that :whistle:
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

sub, wouldn't that be nice? it'll never happen though

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                      My main complaint is not about the end of the game, but rather when we were in the fortys, when they went up 47-44 on us on the goal tending call. HCGM did not call a timeout, and I think he should have.

They went on to widen the gap between us after that.
                      I agree with you on that. I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

I was an official, until the stinking parents took the fun out of the game for the kids, and that took the fun out of it for me.

Comment

Working...
                        X