Marshall Not Using Time Outs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Not Using Time Outs?

What Is with Marshall Not Using Time Outs?

He doesn't like to call time outs. He wants the team to get itself out of jams. Not his exact words but something along those lines.

I disagree with this.
    Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
    Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Coach has said many times when it comes to the end of the game they would rather run a play to where the defense cant get set.

The players already have a list of plays that they are going to run for this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
        Coach has said many times when it comes to the end of the game they would rather run a play to where the defense cant get set.

The players already have a list of plays that they are going to run for this matter.
        :good:
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I disagree with this. The team does not appear to have a list of plays to run at the end of a game, in fact, offensive play sets seem to be on the short end of the stick.

I also noticed he doesn't call timeouts hardly at all.

Comment

also im sure if he called a Time out, then UMKC coach would have instructed his players to foul. So i agree with Coach Marshall.
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
              also im sure if he called a Time out, then UMKC coach would have instructed his players to foul. So i agree with Coach Marshall.
              As if he hadn't already told them that? Why would they need a time out to be instructed to foul a team that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn?

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
                Originally posted by newshock1234
                As if he hadn't already told them that? Why would they need a time out to be instructed to foul a team that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn?
                Because player's aren't always sure exactly what the wishes of their coach is, particularly when it comes to controversial situations like the one we're discussing. And it's difficult for coach to accurately communicate from the bench during play and a loud arena full of rowdy fans.

Comment

In Coach Marshall I Trust!
                  He's won a few more game than any of us.

:good: :good:
                  SFL is back!

Comment

Another great coach would not have called a time out either. He believed as does HCGM that the time out disrupts the flow of the offense, especially when the momentum is going your way. The coach was the most winningest coach, Bob Knight.

Comment

I can understand the argument for and against calling late-game time outs, but I believe that the correct decision in these types of matter depend on the player's ability more than the coach's philosophy.

Our team is pretty young compared to last year. Brau-wow was a seasoned enough point guard to have the patience to go into a play without a time out. Hannah hasn't had enough D1 experience under that kind of coach to develop the necessary discipline. Until the team matures some, I would like to see TO's called more in that situation to synchronize the team make sure that they all are going to execute the game plan.

When they're more seasoned, don't call the time out and make the other coach blow his or hope his boys wearing the other color can counter our offense.

Comment

I sure hope Coach Marshall reads this forum and picks up some valuable advice on how to lead his basketball team.
                        In fact, I'm sure he sits in front of his PC just waiting for more advice to read from this fine forum and integrate into his coaching style.

There sure are a lot of basketball savvy posters on here.
                        Just think of how much more John Wooden could have accomplished if he had access to the internet and dialed into SN on a regular basis.
                        The possibilities are endless. 8)
                        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef
                          I sure hope Coach Marshall reads this forum and picks up some valuable advice on how to lead his basketball team.
                          In fact, I'm sure he sits in front of his PC just waiting for more advice to read from this fine forum and integrate into his coaching style.

Just think of how much more John Wooden could have accomplished if he had access to the internet and dialed into SN on a regular basis.
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef

I think we should hang him high. Sorta like Coach Turgeon.

Comment

How dare I suggest something when the coaches gameplan wasn't working the whole game? :whistle:

You fellas sure are snarky. ;-)

Guess I'll just have to trust the guy that gets $750k of my tuition money a year. :D

Comment

Working...
                              X