Eye on Orukpe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verbals

Well, why does it matter, mulligan? Verbal commitments aren't binding anyway -- would it make you feel better for him to reaffirm his interest?

Comment

It does not appear from the boxscore that EO played.

Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

At least of couple of TRCC fans at JucoJunction have said he's definately redshirting. Their understanding of the situation appears to be the same as ours.

Comment

TRCC beat Chiploa, 78-71. Chipola was without Jon Kreft (7-foot soph.).

Got this blurb from a TRCC fan at JucoJunction:

I sat next to the Chipola AD and talked to him throughout the game, and he said they have 5 sophomores getting serious D1 looks, including teams such as; Tennesee, UAB, Arkansas, Wichita State, and numerous Mid Major teams. He also stated that the 7'0 who didn't play is considering going PRO, he is out right now due to MONO. He said he worked out with the Mavericks all summer, and they said he would be a 1st round pick this year.
          After seeing Kreft play in the juco tourney last year I would be surprised, to say the least, if he got draftet in the first round. This guy is no Patrick O'Bryant.

Comment

Update

Once again, the box score shows that Orukpe did not play, in a game against a name opponent. You'd think if he were going to make an appearance, that would have been a likely time for him to do so.

Comment

If he seriously had his eye on immediately turning pro then redshirting at a JUCO makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                If he seriously had his eye on immediately turning pro then redshirting at a JUCO makes no sense.
                Okay. Now I am officially confused. I thought that Kreft at Chiploa was the one going Pro and our EO was the redshirt. Someone please dis-confuse me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
                  Originally posted by BostonWu
                  Okay. Now I am officially confused. I thought that Kreft at Chiploa was the one going Pro and our EO was the redshirt. Someone please dis-confuse me.
                  Correct. That comment was in regard to Kreft. I'm pretty sure Orukpe didn't spend the summer working out with the Mavericks!

Comment

Boston,

I don't think EO's redshirting and the player being discussed who is thinking of turning pro are the same.

EO = redshirting

Kreft = turning pro

I don't think I have read anything that included a discussion of EO immediately talking about turning pro. Maybe I have missed something along the way?

Comment

Originally posted by Txlen
                      Boston,

I don't think EO's redshirting and the player being discussed who is thinking of turning pro are the same.

EO = redshirting

Kreft = turning pro

I don't think I have read anything that included a discussion of EO immediately talking about turning pro. Maybe I have missed something along the way?
                      I thought Royal basically said Kreft is not a pro prospect - Then you have the JUCO fan posting about someone working out with the Mavs - from there I took that to be EO.

Not saying I believe any of that. My point being the fact that if EO decides to redshirt then that means he has no intention of turning pro w/o playing college ball (i.e. that is a very good sign for us).

Comment

Kreft may be looking pro because of academics. It seems like there was talk about that being an issue at the DI level.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

NBA scout's have taken a recent look at some Chipola players. I can't remember the details but there were perhaps three thought to have NBA potential. All could use more time to develop. I believe Kraft was one of them but my memory isn't positive. If Kraft turns pro next year, it won't be in the NBA.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock

I sat next to the Chipola AD and talked to him throughout the game, and he said they have 5 sophomores getting serious D1 looks, including teams such as; Tennesee, UAB, Arkansas, Wichita State, and numerous Mid Major teams. He also stated that the 7'0 who didn't play is considering going PRO, he is out right now due to MONO. He said he worked out with the Mavericks all summer, and they said he would be a 1st round pick this year.
                            We've already assumed the Shockers will be interested in Chipola's Trevor Deloach. The big question is will we be in the hunt for Gary Flowers, Casey Mitchell, Jon Kraft or Jeremy Jacobs. Kraft and Mitchell are currently considered soft verbals to UAB. My guess is no.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Maybe the Shox should be more interested in some of EOs teammates at TRCC. They did beat Chipola.

:D (I'm sure the Shox are well aware)

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                                We've already assumed the Shockers will be interested in Chipola's Trevor Deloach. The big question is will we be in the hunt for Gary Flowers, Casey Mitchell, Jon Kraft or Jeremy Jacobs. Kraft and Mitchell are currently considered soft verbals to UAB. My guess is no.
                                Casey Mitchell impressed me greatly at Hutch last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X