X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• northern iowa ranked #76

by collegehoopsnet.com

read the full story https://www.collegehoopsnet.com/new/...l_preview41054

Eric Coleman better just stay clear of MB because our Senior PG will chew him up and spit him out!!!!!!! N. Iowa always seems tougher then I give them credit for and it appears they have some nice new players. However, losing 2 of their top 3 players will hurt.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

They have Indiana State, Illinois State, Missouri State and Northern Iowa ranked. So the question is are we ranked above these teams or below?

SIU will be above, CU will be above...hopefully we will be also.

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock
        They have Indiana State, Illinois State, Missouri State and Northern Iowa ranked. So the question is are we ranked above these teams or below?

SIU will be above, CU will be above...hopefully we will be also.
        Aren't they working backwards from #144 - #1? If so, we would be ahead of these teams in the "means absolutely nothing" collegehoopsnet.com ranking.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

CHN

WSU will not be in the pre-season top 144 this year. Post pubs have us ranked in the lower half of the conference - too many unknowns at this point.

Comment

The only way that we will not be ranked is if CHN thinks that Drake is a top 4 team. We know that Evansville will not be ranked so that only leaves SIU, CU, BU, Drake, and us. UNI is projected for #5 in the conference. We will have 8 teams in the top 144. I think that we will be picked 4th by CHN. Just my honest opinion. What do I know.
            Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Just a side note... Lindy's picked drake 9th followed by Evansville at 10th in the conference, so I will put money that we are ranked in the meaningless top 144 rankings.

Comment

CHN

BU, IL St, CU, SIU will be ranked top 4 - UNI 5, In St 6, WSU 7

Comment

Re: CHN

Originally posted by Dan
                  Unfortunately, I have to agree with you Dan. I do not think WSU will be in the top 144 list.
                  Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan

In your scenario, Dan, MSU is left out so if we insert them at 6 (behind UNI and ahead of ISU) then you are saying we are 8th with either Drake or Evansville at the 9 spot and the other 10.

Or perhaps you think WSU is a 9th or 10th place team?

I agree these polls are meaningless except when they offer some detailed info.

Anyone here that would like to argue WSU will finish no better than 8th in the MVC this season, please wager on said event with me. I am happy to pony up any amount between $100-1000 on that not happening.

Comment

Guys,

This is my point. WSU will be ranked in the top 4 of the valley by the CHN rankings. As already been stated Northern Iowa, Missouri State, Illinois State, and Indianna State have already been ranked 5 through 8. There are still 4 more teams that will be in the top 75. WSU has to be one of those because Drake and Evansville are arguably the number 9 and 10 teams in the league. I am not saying that is how I think WSU will finish (hope the win the league), I am just saying that is how the rankings will break down on CHN.

Comment

Originally posted by RussDaBus
                        Guys,

This is my point. WSU will be ranked in the top 4 of the valley by the CHN rankings. As already been stated Northern Iowa, Missouri State, Illinois State, and Indianna State have already been ranked 5 through 8. There are still 4 more teams that will be in the top 75. WSU has to be one of those because Drake and Evansville are arguably the number 9 and 10 teams in the league. I am not saying that is how I think WSU will finish (hope the win the league), I am just saying that is how the rankings will break down on CHN.
                        Your logic is solid on this. Given which teams have been included already and where they have been projected to finish, he must be in the top 75 of the CHN rankings.
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

The thought of us not being in their top 144 never occurred to me. No way. They seem to have given to much effort at scouting to miss that much.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by Dan
                            WSU will not be in the pre-season top 144 this year. Post pubs have us ranked in the lower half of the conference - too many unknowns at this point.
                            I keep hearing this 'too many unknowns' sfuff and its really getting old. EVERY team in the valley has unknowns! Look at the players that are gone from last year. Just a few I can think of are

SIU: Tatum, Young
                            Creighton: Funk, Tolliver, Porter
                            MSU: Ahearn, Bilyeu, Chaney
                            Norhtern Iowa: Stout, McKowen

For the life of me I can't remember who Bradley is losing. I'll blame it on my bronchitis.

With the near complete turnover of the 2007 recruiting class any predictions that have not been made within the last few weeks are useless. In fact, since WSU is bringing in a couple of good JUCO players, this team has less unknowns then many of the other teams in the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                              Originally posted by Dan

In your scenario, Dan, MSU is left out so if we insert them at 6 (behind UNI and ahead of ISU) then you are saying we are 8th with either Drake or Evansville at the 9 spot and the other 10.

Or perhaps you think WSU is a 9th or 10th place team?

I agree these polls are meaningless except when they offer some detailed info.

Anyone here that would like to argue WSU will finish no better than 8th in the MVC this season, please wager on said event with me. I am happy to pony up any amount between $100-1000 on that not happening.
                              I'd also be willing to pony up some dough! :good:
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X