northern iowa ranked #76

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHN

I forgot about MSU. Also, didn't realize Il St has already been ranked - I'll have to double check. I agree with everyone that says we could finish top 3 or 4 this year. However, from an outsider perspective, we lost a lot and do not have the highest profile recruiting class. I think Gris and Clemente will add a lot to our team - I also think JT has a chance to come out of nowhere and surprise some people. Getting picked 7th or 8th pre-season doesn't mean anything, just lack of respect from the press.

After checking, I retract my previous statement. Looks like CHN may rank WSU as #4 in the MVC this year. Il St was #109, MSU #93 and UNI #76. It will be interesting to see how they view us in this transitional year.

Comment

Re: CHN

Originally posted by Dan
      I forgot about MSU. Also, didn't realize Il St has already been ranked - I'll have to double check. I agree with everyone that says we could finish top 3 or 4 this year. However, from an outsider perspective, we lost a lot and do not have the highest profile recruiting class. I think Gris and Clemente will add a lot to our team - I also think JT has a chance to come out of nowhere and surprise some people. Getting picked 7th or 8th pre-season doesn't mean anything, just lack of respect from the press.

After checking, I retract my previous statement. Looks like CHN may rank WSU as #4 in the MVC this year. Il St was #109, MSU #93 and UNI #76. It will be interesting to see how they view us in this transitional year.
      I'm guessing we will be coming pretty soon.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Personally, I'm hopeful we’ll receive another 9th place prognosticated finish by all of the experts :good:

Go Shocks!!!!
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
          Originally posted by Dan

I agree; I expect to see us listed within the next 70 days. :D
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
            Originally posted by Dan

I agree; I expect to see us listed within the next 70 days. :D
            Hard to argue with that.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I get a kick out of some of you people saying "They won't put us in their top 144" when CHN already put us in their preseason TOP 50. http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/new/b...d_edition40947

Top 144? Are you kidding me? Show some pride in Shocker Basketball.

Comment

However, the Pick of the MVC will be a tossup btwn UNI and Creighton. Both of which will be Top 20-30.
                :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock
                  However, the Pick of the MVC will be a tossup btwn UNI and Creighton. Both of which will be Top 20-30.
                  :lol:
                  My thoughts exactly when I saw that.

Comment

You get some pretty wacky predictions from ancillary sports outlets like "College Hoops Net" as they look to differentiate themselves from more mainstream sources like ESPN, thinking it's hard to gain ground on the leader if all you do is copy them.

It probably goes something like "Well, we can't pick SIU to do that well because ESPN, CBS, NBC, and FoxSports already have.... so let's throw out this random prediction like a verbal grenade and hope it blows some people away."

In the process, of course, they render themselves less useful.... if there really was a use for these sort of polls in the first place.
                    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl
                      You get some pretty wacky predictions from ancillary sports outlets like "College Hoops Net" as they look to differentiate themselves from more mainstream sources like ESPN, thinking it's hard to gain ground on the leader if all you do is copy them.

It probably goes something like "Well, we can't pick SIU to do that well because ESPN, CBS, NBC, and FoxSports already have.... so let's throw out this random prediction like a verbal grenade and hope it blows some people away."

In the process, of course, they render themselves less useful.... if there really was a use for these sort of polls in the first place.
                      That quote wasn't from CHN, but from a fan who wrote to CHN on their chat board.

Comment

That quote wasn't from CHN, but from a fan who wrote to CHN on their chat board.
                        Didn't realize that, but I still stand behind my contention. Maybe not so much CHN, but moreso the who?.com sports outlets, and maybe even some of the lesser known commentators on the major sports outlets trying to make a name for themselves.
                        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl
                          Didn't realize that, but I still stand behind my contention. Maybe not so much CHN, but moreso the who?.com sports outlets, and maybe even some of the lesser known commentators on the major sports outlets trying to make a name for themselves.
                          Your point does hold. Everyone is looking for the darkhorse, and if you take a bunch of stabs in the dark, you can ignore the fifty that turned out to be completely stupid and tout the one that worked out as a sign of your prowess of prediction.

Comment

Working...
                          X