Chris Owen, Hubris and Shocker Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Owen, Hubris and Shocker Basketball

As we get closer and closer to the season beginning, i am hoping that the radio broadcast will be recorded and available online again this year. I think Chris Owen handled it last year and the year before. Chris, if we in the online community are lucky enough to still have you around, are you planning on making the games available again?

thanks

Re: Chris Owen, Hubris and Shocker Basketball

Originally posted by mattdalt
    As we get closer and closer to the season beginning, i am hoping that the radio broadcast will be recorded and available online again this year. I think Chris Owen handled it last year and the year before. Chris, if we in the online community are lucky enough to still have you around, are you planning on making the games available again?
    As far as I know the plan is to have both the live games and the podcasts of all the games online like last year.

We finally got rid of the both the Windows box and Cox internet access at the radio station so that makes me feel a lot better about the reliability of the stream this year. Last year we didn't have many techinical problems but I was always worried, particularly about the Windows encoding box.

Chris

Comment

BTW, we also got KGSO back online this month. They are streaming 24x7 so all their Shocker related content should be available online this year.

Chris

Comment

AWESOME!!

Thanks! These games online are a life saver for my commute the next morning :)

Comment

I love the internet broadcasts. As an out of state Shocker graduate and longtime fan, I can still catch all the games and be a part of the excitement the team generates. Thank you for the service.
          Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Originally posted by owenc
            As far as I know the plan is to have both the live games and the podcasts of all the games online like last year.
            BTW, it looks like the schedule has firmed up enough that I've set up the archives and scheduled the first month's games:

As always though if things change please let me know at owenc@hubris.net. I try and follow the Shockers personally but my heart is with another :) so it easy for me to miss changes.

Chris

Comment

EXCELLENT!

Comment

I try and follow the Shockers personally but my heart is with another :) so it easy for me to miss changes.

Chris
                They play basketball at Yale?
                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee
                  I try and follow the Shockers personally but my heart is with another :) so it easy for me to miss changes.

Chris
                  They play basketball at Yale?
                  Yale is actually supposed to have a team this year. They are a preseason favorite to win the Ivy League.

I actually went to a Yale game last year and will agin this year. A December 29th grudge match between my two alma maters.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by mattdalt
                    AWESOME!!

Thanks! These games online are a life saver for my commute the next morning :)
                    I agree! I have now started listening to KGSO in the mornings (via my cell phone/broadband connection) on the way to work and at work in KC instead of 610 and 810.

Thanks for making all of this work!!
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                    X