Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Owen, Hubris and Shocker Basketball

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chris Owen, Hubris and Shocker Basketball

    As we get closer and closer to the season beginning, i am hoping that the radio broadcast will be recorded and available online again this year. I think Chris Owen handled it last year and the year before. Chris, if we in the online community are lucky enough to still have you around, are you planning on making the games available again?

    thanks

  • #2
    Re: Chris Owen, Hubris and Shocker Basketball

    Originally posted by mattdalt
    As we get closer and closer to the season beginning, i am hoping that the radio broadcast will be recorded and available online again this year. I think Chris Owen handled it last year and the year before. Chris, if we in the online community are lucky enough to still have you around, are you planning on making the games available again?
    As far as I know the plan is to have both the live games and the podcasts of all the games online like last year.

    We finally got rid of the both the Windows box and Cox internet access at the radio station so that makes me feel a lot better about the reliability of the stream this year. Last year we didn't have many techinical problems but I was always worried, particularly about the Windows encoding box.

    Chris

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Chris Owen, Hubris and Shocker Basketball

      BTW, we also got KGSO back online this month. They are streaming 24x7 so all their Shocker related content should be available online this year.

      http://www.kgso.com/listen/

      Chris

      Comment


      • #4
        AWESOME!!

        Thanks! These games online are a life saver for my commute the next morning

        Comment


        • #5
          I love the internet broadcasts. As an out of state Shocker graduate and longtime fan, I can still catch all the games and be a part of the excitement the team generates. Thank you for the service.
          Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Chris Owen, Hubris and Shocker Basketball

            Originally posted by owenc
            As far as I know the plan is to have both the live games and the podcasts of all the games online like last year.
            BTW, it looks like the schedule has firmed up enough that I've set up the archives and scheduled the first month's games:

            http://www.shockerradio.com/archive/mensbb/

            As always though if things change please let me know at owenc@hubris.net. I try and follow the Shockers personally but my heart is with another so it easy for me to miss changes.

            Chris

            Comment


            • #7
              EXCELLENT!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Chris Owen, Hubris and Shocker Basketball

                Originally posted by owenc
                I try and follow the Shockers personally but my heart is with another so it easy for me to miss changes.

                Chris
                They play basketball at Yale?
                “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
                Isaac Asimov

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Chris Owen, Hubris and Shocker Basketball

                  Originally posted by Wuzee
                  Originally posted by owenc
                  I try and follow the Shockers personally but my heart is with another so it easy for me to miss changes.

                  Chris
                  They play basketball at Yale?
                  Yale is actually supposed to have a team this year. They are a preseason favorite to win the Ivy League.

                  I actually went to a Yale game last year and will agin this year. A December 29th grudge match between my two alma maters.

                  Chris

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mattdalt
                    AWESOME!!

                    Thanks! These games online are a life saver for my commute the next morning
                    I agree! I have now started listening to KGSO in the mornings (via my cell phone/broadband connection) on the way to work and at work in KC instead of 610 and 810.

                    Thanks for making all of this work!!
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X