Lindys MVC picks from Valleynet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tropicalshox
    I don't mean this as a shot DoubleJay, but IMO it's also foolish to up Creighton in the standings much because of P. Allen Stinnet. Both Ellis and Stinnet are good freshman additions to the Valley but they will need some time to help win many games. I'm sure Stinnet will be a main part of your team this year, but I think he, like most freshmen will need a year or so to really improve the team.
    No offense here. Predicting that any freshman will be dominant in the MVC is a crap shoot at best.

By the way - redshirt frosh Kenny Lawson will be a more important cog to CU's team than Stinnett.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
      FSF FEARLESS PREDICTIONS- :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

1.SIU
      2.MO ST.
      3.WSU--------------
      4.CREIGHTON
      5.ILL. ST.
      6. BRADLEY
      7. N. IOWA
      8. DRAKE
      9. IND. ST
      10. EVANSVILLE

MO-VALLEY TOURNEY CHAMPION-WSU
      PLAYER OF THE YEAR--FALKER OR PJ
      NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR--MANTAS GRISKENAS OR RAMON CLEMENTE-WSU
      FROSH OF THE YEAR---TO BE ANNOUNCED LATER
      COACH OF THE YEAR IN VALLEY--MARSHALL OR LOWRY
      While I love PJ as the player of the year, it doesn't seem logical that he would win on a third place team. POY almost always goes to the best player on the league champion.
      Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum

No offense here. Predicting that any freshman will be dominant in the MVC is a crap shoot at best.

By the way - redshirt frosh Kenny Lawson will be a more important cog to CU's team than Stinnett.
        except for maybe GodShawGod ;-)

Comment

A cool name smooth007. If the Shockers end up 1st or 2nd in the Valley, it will be no shock :shock: to this cat. However, I am trying to be logical and pick us 3rd which will be a big surpass over last year.
          It would really help if Orupke gets here soon.

PJ should be our consistant leader on both sides of the court with an improved outside stroke. Our overall depth will be improved and I think our defense with be stingy and impressive. I think we have a solid group of guards that will be a strength.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Before the breakfast with Coach Marshall I had us going 14-13 as I wasn't sure about a couple of games in the VI and BBusters. After hearing coach speak, and answer questions directly, I can see us going 19-8 (not inlcuding two games in the Virgin Islands and Bracket Busters). The Valley schedule couldn't be better in terms of having the lower level teams at the end of the season. SIU will be a tough out as will Creighton on the road. Bradley should be pretty good. Ill State is an enigma. They seemed to be building in the right direction. I don't think KU guy that took over respects the Valley despite losing to Bradley in the tourney a couple of years ago. MSU is MSU. Who knows what they will be like. My guess is it's Barrah's last year. I kind of hope we would pursue him as an assistant just so we can keep the great quotes going. He's entertaining if nothing else. :wsu_posters:

Comment

I took a look at Lindy's while I was waiting for a prescription to be filled. It didn't look like they had put a whole lot of research into WSU. They only mentioned the incoming 7 footer but no Clemente or Griskenas. I'll wait for other pubs that feel actual content is more important than being first to the newsstand to spend my hard earned money on.

Comment

Don't waste your money on any of them. Read the CHN preview of UNI up on another thread. The magazines don't cover Valley teams anywhere close to that. Hopefully they won't get to WSU for a while, but should be worth the wait.
                In the fast lane

Comment

I agree that our defense and depth will be improved this year. On both sides of the court the intensity will increase dramatically. Even so, the team chemistry is unknown and most likely will determine many of the close games.

How many days till Shocker Madness? One thing is for sure... it can't come any sooner!
                  Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

You should all know by now that FSF likes the #7. However, I was appalled when I read this prediction of WSU being 7th in the Valley this coming year? Please? Either this cat is an imposter, did not do his homework, does not understand who our new Coach is, or I am hallucinating on just how good these Shockers will be this very year?

Is there anybody else in the whole wide world------Shocker fan or not------that could begin to agree with this assessment? This prediction is a travesty to the number lucky 7? Come forward with your pre-season predictions and see if your heart is not allowing your logic to be more accurate than this? Am I alone say we should be at least 3rd this year?

777 WSU 77----opponets 70. Ya dig?

Comment

I feel pretty good about the Shox finishing no worse than 4th.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

What does seven plus four equal?
                        Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Little Interesting Ironic Trivia just for fun...

George Mason made the Final Four last year as the #11 seed.

A #11 seed has only once before made it all the way to the Final Four.

What other college team was it???-------------

AZ WILL BE ALL OVER THIS----THE ABOVE LINK WAS HIS INTRO TO THE 11-11 TRIVIA IRONY MASTERPIECE..

Comment

UT-El Paso

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Little Interesting Ironic Trivia just for fun...

George Mason made the Final Four last year as the #11 seed.

A #11 seed has only once before made it all the way to the Final Four.

What other college team was it???-------------

AZ WILL BE ALL OVER THIS----THE ABOVE LINK WAS HIS INTRO TO THE 11-11 TRIVIA IRONY MASTERPIECE..
                              And it would help to remember...
                              the team/school FSF is referring too is 11 letters long. lol ;-)
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

AZ---we are already on page 11 on Noel on the recruiting thread and he is a Junior (11th Grade) this year. Right? That must be good stuffing baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X