No announcement yet.

Back to the gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry, but if WSU doesn't finish much better than last year, there is something wrong. WSU lost 3 conference games in row in OT, they lost another 3 games by a total of 8 points.

Comment

I understand to some extent us being picked as low as many rags are saying, but I'll be surprised if we aren't in the upper half and at least close to 20 wins this season. This team has more talent than we've seen in quite a while. Come conference play.....Watch Out!!!
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

As long as we beat the injury bug we finish no lower than middle of the pack.

Yeah it sounds like im reaching or even going out on a lilmb but the math is there.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
          Originally posted by Snapshot9
          I have to call BS on this one. There isn't any basketball system that is THAT hard to master, and I don't think HCGM's "system" is all that complicated.
          Everyone associatied with Marshall has said otherwise. It won't be as bad this year considering there are players here who already know it.
          If a coach doesn't know how to adapt his "system" to the current conditions, then he isn't a very good coach. Show me a coach with a rigid system and I will show you success when the stars align and complete disaster when they don't.

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
            I'm sorry, but if WSU doesn't finish much better than last year, there is something wrong. WSU lost 3 conference games in row in OT, they lost another 3 games by a total of 8 points.
            Nothing to be sorry about. I have full faith in our coach, and I'm sure that we will see definate improvements. With that said, there's no doubt that coach will have high expectations put upon him and there will be no 'free' passes this year. Maybe no championships, but no cellar dwellers either. Shocker Fans are realistic, but they have high expectations--and we should.

It's going to be a much better year I'm confident.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
              Yes, and they did all that while trying to make do without the one guy they absolutely couldn't afford to lose, the coach on the floor who knew best what Marshall wanted; and with injuries that limited their most talented veteran.

Last year's team wasn't great, but it was much better than its record indicated. All they need this season is a year where the record matches more closely the quality of the team, and they'll automatically gain several games from that alone. Tack onto that another few games worth of improvement, especially with decent injury (or worse -- seriously, how often do you start by having one of your top recruits die?) luck, and this will not be a sub-.500 team or a candidate for the play-in round.

Comment

I expect us to struggle a little bit at the beginning of the year, but we will be vastly improved by the years end, i expect us to end up finishing around 5th or 6th in the valley, and will be a very dangerous team in st louis
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I had a long drawn out post typed out, decided against it. Orlando will be tough. If we can get good point guard play from the JuCo transfers I think we can be very good from what I'm hearing.

Comment

Originally posted by Zardoz
                    I had a long drawn out post typed out, decided against it. Orlando will be tough. If we can get good point guard play from the JuCo transfers I think we can be very good from what I'm hearing.
                    Z, I thought I was the only one who typed out a long winded post, only to hit the delete button. Sometimes it's best to 'let the sleeping dog lie'.

:D
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Guys, let's keep the political stuff in the off-topic forum and the personal stuff off the board.

Thanks.

EDIT: I've removed the posts that effected the above statement. Those I'm referring to know who they are.

Comment

I need to get back into the gym. I used to be a 32 waist, now I am a 33. Not to mention I can now pinch an inch on my beer belly.

Comment

Working...
                        X