Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to the gym

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Encouraging stuff for the upper classmen, but it sounds like the young guys need to pick it up a little with their work ethic.

Comment

You have to remember also that the young guys are still adjusting to college life. It wouldn't suprise me if most of them headed off to hit the books. I hear many have heard the JT story.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22
        Encouraging stuff for the upper classmen, but it sounds like the young guys need to pick it up a little with their work ethic.
        Don't worry, the message has already been sent and received. Expect the 'tutoring' to be ongoing. 8)
        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Inexperience will be our biggest problem. No problem with talent or athleticism. Unfortunately gaining experience takes time and that means it might be a bit before we see the level of play that we're all hoping for. No matter what it should be better than last year and I'm sure we'll see glimpses of what's to come if not more...

Comment

Talent can make up for inexperience, for example, consider P'Allen Stinnett last year. Players with talent learn fast, adjust quickly, and contribute to the team right away.

I think playing together, learning each other's moves and how they play will be our biggest adjustment, and as always the pace of D-1 ball is an adjustment to any player coming out of High School, but should not be much of a problem for Hannah or Reggie.

Clemente can tutor the post players, and Hannah and Reggie can guide the outside players. I think AJ will be fine on his own.

It will interesting for Shocker Madness to see how the team is divided up to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
              Talent can make up for inexperience, for example, consider P'Allen Stinnett last year. Players with talent learn fast, adjust quickly, and contribute to the team right away.

I think playing together, learning each other's moves and how they play will be our biggest adjustment, and as always the pace of D-1 ball is an adjustment to any player coming out of High School, but should not be much of a problem for Hannah or Reggie.

Clemente can tutor the post players, and Hannah and Reggie can guide the outside players. I think AJ will be fine on his own.

It will interesting for Shocker Madness to see how the team is divided up to play.
              I think you're underestimating the transition from JUCO to D1 a bit. Even JUCO All-Americans struggle (look no further than our current roster). I expect by the end of the season that Hannah and Reggie will be big contributors but I also expect them to struggle along with the frosh during the first half of the season. Now I would expect a lesser transition for a D1 transfer like Hawkins, although Kyle Wilson took a little while to get going his junior year.

Comment

The first year at Wichita State for any player will be a hard year regardless of previous experience because the CGM system is so complicated it takes time to master. But when talented players learn the system great things will happen. The good thing is it seems the new players are learning the system faster then last year's team.

Comment

exactly. I'm happy we have a a masterful glass cleaner on the team and a high flying hawk that have gotten a year to soak up the playbook and system. that'll help the new guys a lot

Comment

I think by Jan were going to be a handful for our foes.
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef
                      Originally posted by shocker22
                      Don't worry, the message has already been sent and received. Expect the 'tutoring' to be ongoing. 8)
                      In the new PC Army this is called "constructive peer pressure" :good:

RLTW!

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi...
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

This will be another "down" year but expect improvement over last and hold on for the next two seasons thereafter. Be prepared to pay mucho dinars for trip :clap:

Go Shocks!!!!
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by lemuel777
                          The first year at Wichita State for any player will be a hard year regardless of previous experience because the CGM system is so complicated it takes time to master. But when talented players learn the system great things will happen. The good thing is it seems the new players are learning the system faster then last year's team.
                          The first year at Wichita State for any player will be a hard year regardless of previous experience because the CGM system is so complicated it takes time to master.
                          Oh ****, here we go again...

T

...8)

Comment

I have to call BS on this one. There isn't any basketball system that is THAT hard to master, and I don't think HCGM's "system" is all that complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                              I have to call BS on this one. There isn't any basketball system that is THAT hard to master, and I don't think HCGM's "system" is all that complicated.
                              Everyone associatied with Marshall has said otherwise. It won't be as bad this year considering there are players here who already know it.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X