AJ Hawkins Highlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ Hawkins Highlights

A.J. Hawkins# 25G/F - G/FHeight: 6-5 Weight: 202JuniorPrevious Affiliations Millwood, HS/St. BonaventureHometown Edmond, OK At St. Bonaventure...Sophomo...

A ton of great dunks...It'll be nice to have an athlete of his caliber on this team.

Impressive display of shots and athletic talent!

If Hawkins is over his surgery, it appears as though PJ's assessment is correct.

Comment

Really looks like Cooz. I get the impression that you could take a highlight video of Cooz and Hawkins as Sophomores and you'd have to look at the unis to tell which was which.

Too bad Hawk will never have the opportunity to stuff a 7' NBA lottery pick on a last-second shot. Cooz will go down in history as a WSU legend. Hawk only has 2 years and won't have as many opportunities to make lasting memories, but it looks like he has the talent and athleticism to do that if given the opportunity.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Umm...

PJ can't do half the dunks that Hawk displayed in that video. A couple just left my jaw hanging.. such authority!

Also, PJ's 3-ball never looked as fluid as Hawk's.

It's not nice to take away from PJ's accomplishments with a diss, but just on athleticism alone, this guy makes PJ look like a high school player. This guy might be more explosive than J. Howard.

P.S.

What kind of coach allows a player to do a 360 in a ball game... rofl.

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
          Umm...

...8)
          What kind of "player" would risk a 360 during a game?

Comment

Originally posted by shockall
            Umm...

...8)
            I can only hope this player does one during a home game against a hated conference opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by shockall
              Umm...

...8)
              One that we're all gonna be really happy with this year!

I take it that he likes to take it to the hole with authority?

Comment

dunk @ 4:30 was better than the 360 IMO. He nearly hits his head on the rim on a reverse. Hawkins is more athletic than Cooz and probably a better shooter, but he's not near the rebounder, defender, or passer Couz was. I'm still stoked to see the kid play. If he posterizes SIU or Creighton I might lose it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by worldwideballa21
                  If he posterizes SIU or Creighton I might lose it!!!
                  I'm sure he was taking names from the bench last year.

There will be consequences and repercussions.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

It's been a long time since I said it... It seems like forever... But... Hawk makes me feel like IT'S A GREAT DAY TO BE A SHOCKER!

T

...8)

Comment

It's been a long time since I said it... It seems like forever... But... Hawk makes me feel like IT'S A GREAT DAY TO BE A SHOCKER!

T

...8)
                      I think it's going to be a GREAT 10 YEARS TO BE A SHOCKER!!

Comment

Was it playing time that was the big reason why AJ left St. Bonnie or something else?

You gotta wonder after watching him play just why any coach in his right mind would let the situation get to the point where a player of his caliber transfers. Yeah, I know it happened here previously too. But still, you gotta wonder.

Anyway you cut it, our gain and the Friars loss.

Comment

re:

His 3 point shot reminds me of Terrell Benton. Kinda slow on the release but it goes in!

Comment

60Shock:
                            Was it playing time that was the big reason why AJ left St. Bonnie or something else?
                            I thought it was a coaching change, but it was definately NOT playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by rayc
                              60Shock:
                              I thought it was a coaching change, but it was definately NOT playing time.
                              Closer to friends and family played into it as well.
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                              X