Bracket Buster Home/Away Teams Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracket Buster Home/Away Teams Announced

I like the amount of good match-ups that the Shox can potentially have in this year's bracket buster. Butler, Fresno State, New Mexico State, Utah State, Drexel, Old Dominion, Winthrop & Oral Roberts are all possibilities. Match-ups will be determined February 4, 2008.

HOME TEAMS
    Akron
    Buffalo
    Eastern Michigan
    Northern Illinois
    Ohio
    Toledo
    Austin Peay
    Eastern Illinois
    Eastern Kentucky
    Jacksonville State
    Murray State
    Bradley
    Illinois State
    Missouri State
    Northern Iowa
    Southern Illinois
    Canisius
    Iona
    Loyola (Maryland)
    Manhattan
    Saint Peter’s
    Butler
    Cleveland State
    Detroit
    Valparaiso
    UW-Green Bay
    Boise State
    Fresno State
    Louisiana Tech
    New Mexico State
    Utah State
    Cal-State Fullerton
    Cal-State Northridge
    UC Irvine
    UC Riverside
    Pacific
    Drexel
    James Madison
    UNC-Wilmington
    Old Dominion
    Towson
    William & Mary
    Elon
    Appalachian State
    East Tennessee State
    Northern Arizona
    Winthrop
    Holy Cross
    Oral Roberts
    Saint Mary’s

VISITING TEAMS
    Ball State
    Bowling Green
    Central Michigan
    Kent State
    Miami (Ohio)
    Western Michigan
    Morehead State
    Samford
    Southeast Missouri State
    Tennessee-Martin
    Tennessee State
    Tennessee Tech
    Creighton
    Drake
    Evansville
    Indiana State
    Wichita State
    Fairfield
    Marist
    Niagara
    Rider
    Siena
    Illinois-Chicago
    Loyola (Illinois)
    Wisconsin-Milwaukee
    Wright State
    Youngstown State
    Hawaii
    Idaho
    Nevada
    San Jose State
    Cal Poly
    Long Beach State
    UC Davis
    UC Santa Barbara
    Delaware
    George Mason
    Georgia State
    Hofstra
    Northeastern
    Virginia Commonwealth
    Albany
    Binghamton
    Boston University
    Vermont
    Davidson
    Georgia Southern
    Portland State
    High Point
    Bucknell

Hopefully the Shocks will be sent to the east coast. Great exposure to a huge pool of high school talent. How about ODU. Since GMU took us two out of three, lets have a crack at their friends.
    "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

I'd be Happy with Butler, HC or Akron....but I'm sure we'll get Winthrop :roll:
      Jocks & Jills
      3236 N. Rock Rd
      Wichita, KS 67226
      316-260-9800
      http://www.jocks-jills.com
      http://www.myspace.com/jocksandjills

Comment

I'd be happy with, well, with them pairing the number of teams involved down quite a bit and actually getting some big name schools involved. I'd be curious to hear Marshall's thoughts on the BB thing at this point. What started out well, has really been diluted. :roll:

Comment

After this year, I'm sure we'll hear a little bit about it. ESPN needs to seperate out some teams from others. There are some teams on there that shouldn't and there are some schools that should be included but aren't due to conference affiliation.

Comment

I'd really like to see them play at New Mexico State. I would definitely make the road trip 200 miles south to see them in Las Cruces!!!

Comment

New Mexico State & Butler would be my top choices. New Mexico State will more than likely be the preseason pick to win the WAC and Butler will likely be ranked in the top 25 and picked to win the Horizon. Plus, both of those teams would provide us with a nice home game next season.

Comment

I just hate seeing our name included in that list of teams...

T

...8)

Comment

C0|dB|00ded:
                  I agree we need to distance ourselves from bracket busters ASAP!

What may have started out as a good idea to showcase the talents of a few underexposed teams has degenerated into a collection of teams with ambitions to achieve recognition as a top 100 club. The MVC does not want nor need that type of affiliation in the public minds.

It’s as if the BCS schools had taken control of the event and are using it as a means of separation from leagues such as the MVC and perhaps the MWC.

It’s all about money (and power, …mostly money). If the top teams in the Valley are considered no better than potential bubble teams it makes it much easier to justify giving all the at large NCAA berths to mediocre BCS schools. The at large berths are where most of the NCAA tournament money is generated for the conferences

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded

T

...8)
                    I hate the list in general because instead of being a showcase for teams that don't get attention, it has become a way of paring down the list of non BCS at-large berth contenders. The teams that lose take a hit, and the team that wins is given little credit.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

One thing that might help would be for the MVC to do a conference challenge against another high level conference not in the BCS.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan
                        One thing that might help would be for the MVC to do a conference challenge against another high level conference not in the BCS.
                        And what BCS Conference would take such a risk?
                        Great idea, but no way a BCS conference is willing to expose itself in that way.
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker
                          Originally posted by calfan
                          And what BCS Conference would take such a risk?
                          Great idea, but no way a BCS conference is willing to expose itself in that way.
                          He said "not in the BCS", so I am assuming he means the Mountain West, WAC, etc.
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I have a buddy in New Mexico who would love to see the Shox down there. For his sake, here's hoping that both the Shox and New Mexico State have good years and get paired up.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

If we don't play Winthrop in the Islands and either team is having a decent year, like Ryan said, we'll be playing them in the BB.

Comment

Working...
                              X