A Night with Coach Marshall 8-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Night with Coach Marshall 8-23

Coach spoke at a dinner at Central Christian Church. Pretty much sounded like the same speach at the Rotary Club. But one thing that was for sure that when practices start up, they will be closed. The main reason is ...
    the internet. He said that his last speech was on the internet aka ShockerNet before he got home. He doesn't want the practice info getting out in public on the net. I don't blame him. He was glad that there is that much enthusiasm in Wichita.

Also, a point of interest is that as a head coach, he has only been to three sold out HOME games. So CM is very excited to get the chance to go through that tunnel to a sold out home game.

He did say that Hatch can really shoot the ball and is very mature after 2 years on the Mormon mission and new zilch about him until the week before school started.

It was a great time.

Maybe if he'd get home a little faster he wouldn't have to worry about that :D

Welcome to Wichita Coach. We absolutely LOVE our Shox!!!
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

He did mention we'll have 3 different players taking un-official visits in the next few days.

One is 6'11"... who could that be?
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

A couple of other nuggets from tonight (as best my memory recalls), there was an unofficial visit from a 7' high school player yesterday and tomorrow there will be a PG recruit here on an unofficial visit with his dad.

My overall impression of HCGM is he's very genuine, speaks from his heart and that he's very excited to be here.

Comment

All 3 are un-officials? That would make you think they're fairly near by. A few hundred miles or so, but there are exceptions.... All HS kids?

I know we're in on, or were, a couple of big JUCO kids for '08. One wasn't too far away.

Maybe Cyphers is visiting? :D

I may have to do a bit of looking on this one....
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

"Somethings wrong in the neighborhood----who ya gonna call? Ghost buster! I think not---but rather---Hatch---the Zone Busta--that's who!" We ain't afraid of no ghosts!!! We will have some sharp-shooters this year and look for PJ's stroke to be more consistant from outside. :poster_cooz: Who will be badder then PJ and Clemente? They are badder then LeRoy Brown from the south side of Chicago!!!! One thing for sure--PJ gained alot of respect in KC in the summer games he played in. It was said he had over 30 points in one of those games.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Thanks guys for the report! Those of us who live out of town count on you to keep us informed. Again Thanks :wsu_posters: 8) 8)
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                All 3 are un-officials? That would make you think they're fairly near by. A few hundred miles or so, but there are exceptions.... All HS kids?

I know we're in on, or were, a couple of big JUCO kids for '08. One wasn't too far away.

Maybe Cyphers is visiting? :D

I may have to do a bit of looking on this one....
                I understood all three to be "un-official".

When asked if he was recruiting local talent, he said one word, "Yes" with a big smile on his face.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

Big smile huh? :D

That could mean only one thing to me......
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Maybe a great City game to see this coming year would be SE versus East.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Who plays for SE and or East?
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Cyphers and Gantt play for SE.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I wonder if Alex Rivas-Sanchez is one of the players mentioned. He is in Pratt and Wichita State is on his list.

Comment

There was a 6-11 center from Elwood, Indiana named Aaron Cole on Brown Mackie roster last year and a 7-0 center from Gambin, Africa named Tijar Jobe on Butler County roster last year

Comment

My first guess would be Alex. Since he's the closest big guy we know we've been in touch with.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                              X