Paradise Jam- St. Thomas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paradise Jam- St. Thomas

Well, just went ahead and booked the trip to St. Thomas today. Ended up getting a package flying out of KC for $800 a person that includes flight, condo and rental car. Couldn't turn that down! Will any other shockernetters will be making the voyage down to the islands?

I know my folks are. I cant this year though. If you dont have a passport yet you had better get to it like today. Id also reccomend you pay the $60 fee to expedite the process or your odds of getting it in time may not be so good. Food for thought.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, however no passport is necessary to travel to St. Thomas since it is part of the US Virgin Islands. If I were planning on traveling to any of the British Virgin Islands I would need a passport, but I plan on just sticking to St. Thomas and St. John.

Comment

We're going - can't wait - we went last time as well - got a pretty good deal. I guess the charter trip is full too - it will be a lot easier to make noise this time. Last time there were only about 20 WSU supporters! We were able to make ourselves heard (the gym is like a high school gym) but I'm really looking forward to having more Shockers there.

Beaches and basketball what more could a girl want? :D
        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

We're going from the 'Lou. See you there. I know 2 more going from Wichita not on the Charter and another single heading down from KC as well.

:wsu_posters:

:clap:

Comment

No passport needed, but I think you have to be Catholic, or have a letter of reference from someone Catholic.

Comment

I'll be traveling there from Chicago with a couple of Notre Dame fans...hope we play them and beat them!

Comment

My dad and I are flying down there from Wichita.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock
                  I so hate you :P
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I am still hoping to go. I haven't got my boss to agree to let me off yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                      Originally posted by AndShock
                      I so hate you :P
                      Yeah :D ....I'm a bit spoiled.

Comment

So where's an awesome place to stay down there? Any favorite places that anyone wants to rave about? I've never been there before so I'm looking for some recommendations. I'm all about the beach baby! 8)
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

From everything I read on just about every travel website, it doesn't seem like anything on STT is particularly nice - - most of the comments across the board were that the hotels were outdated (mostly time share condo places) and the staffs were rude.

That being said, we ended up getting a room at Point Pleasant Resort because it had three pools and more than one restaurant. We also considered Anchorage Beach Resort. Ideally, we would've liked to have booked at Secret Harbour Beach Resort, but there was no availability when we made our reservations in late July.

Hope that helps! Looking forward to seeing all the Shocker fans in the Caribbean!!!

Comment

My group is staying at Point Pleasant as well. Glad to hear that a few other Shocker fans will be there.

Comment

How funny...I was also looking at that place and kinda had it on the radar. It seems to have a lot going for it! Couple nice restaurants, some nice beaches close by plus easy access to ferry to get to the beaches of St. John. After doing a lot of research...I'm about 93% sure that's where the wife and I will end up staying. So thanks for the recommendation fella's!

Should've mentioned before that I'm actually going next month (Oct.) for a five show tour with my band so I won't actually be there for the Shockers tournament. :( So if we wind up stayng at Point Pleasant, I'll be sure to give reviews. :)
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                              X