No announcement yet.

08-09 Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if you know this, but after the coach says, "You need to play better
    defense".

He expects you to make an effort to do that before the season is over.

Comment

not sure if you know this, but all this "not sure if you know this" stuff is stupid.

Comment

Oh, sure. :D
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Im sure I didnt know it

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
            Not sure if you know this, but after the coach says, "You need to play better
            defense".

He expects you to make an effort to do that before the season is over.
            So, if someone tells you to do something you've never needed to do before, you have no problem doing it immediately then? No work or time of practice required?

If that's the case, why are we even trying to recruit good players, if all the coach needs to do is tell anyone to do something and they can immediately do it?

You wanted JT to be all-conference his freshman year. He wasn't. Give him a minute or two.
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

I think the problem people had is that throughout the entire season he was told his D had to improve and it still looked like he didn't care about even attempting to play D a lot of times. There were many times that many of us could have played better and more effective post D than JT. People have every right to doubt him until he shows otherwise. I'm hopeful that he's figured out what he needs to do and has worked towards it this offseason. Reports have been good. But until he proves it, I'm not getting my hopes up and I doubt many will.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I think that one thing that's going to help the post players this year is the advantage of having a very capable backcourt. Last year, we had MB, but nothing else of note.

This year, Coach will have access to all kinds of young talent to feed the ball inside, or imagine this---spot up and actually hit a shot.

You'd think that some solid guard play could really free up the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
                  I think that one thing that's going to help the post players this year is the advantage of having a very capable backcourt. Last year, we had MB, but nothing else of note.
                  Not this again!!
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Some food for thought. Mr. Clemente once scored 40 plus points playing for San Jac. as a Soph. Guess who was feeding him the rock in the right places? While this is not Juco ball, it does help to have guards that that can both penetrate and dish, but yet drain the trays if need be.

RC should and probably will have a very nice year this Season. He has worked very hard in areas he needs to improve. When the guards have to be respected because they can drain the j., but also penetrate and dish,, that only opens up the inside and prevents a packed-in defense which shows no respect for the outside game.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Wasn't Ramón's 40 point performance against San Jacinto instead of "for San Jacinto"? Clemente played for Paris Junior College, as did Hannah.

Comment

10-4 TXLEN---it was against San Jac---which is what I meant to say--but got sloppy. My bad.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Re: 08-09 Roster

Originally posted by shocktown
                          The roster is now posted on GoShockers.com for those of you interested in official heights, weights etc.

No surprises to speak of except Brett Steven is not listed as earlier reported.
                          From http://www.kansas.com/250/story/549230.html

Notes _ Guard Brett Steven, a freshman walk-on from Bishop Carroll, is waiting on eligibility clearance from the NCAA. He is not allowed to practice. He can run and lift weights with the team....

Comment

Working...
                          X