08-09 Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 08-09 Roster

The roster is now posted on GoShockers.com for those of you interested in official heights, weights etc.

No surprises to speak of except Brett Steven is not listed as earlier reported.
    To bad for the haters! :roll: :lol:

Nothing yet on the schedule page.

:wsu_posters:

Ours is out -

You come to Omaha on 12/28 as our conference opener.

We come to Doodah on Sat., 1/17. Anybody got an extra ticket if I get to town?

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
      Anybody got an extra ticket if I get to town?

Please...........

Comment

well im glad we dont have Creighton on senior night.

But im a bit perturbed we play them so quickly

oh well

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
          Ours is out -

You come to Omaha on 12/28 as our conference opener.

We come to Doodah on Sat., 1/17. Anybody got an extra ticket if I get to town?
          CU in Omaha early is going to be a challenge for WSU's inexperienced team. I was thinking that I wanted to see the improvement WSU made from the first half of the season to the second half. I wanted to see it in Wichita against CU.

Conference season starts a little earlier this year, but that still looks like 2 games against CU in the first half of league play.

The early-season schedule is looking pretty brutal for a lot of inexperienced players. We can only hope it makes them stronger for the future.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I don't recall the discussion about:
            11 Felter, Mason F 6-8 204 Fr. Wichita, Kan. (Bishop Carroll)
            Do we expect anything from him? Practice player? Role player?
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Mason is the son of John, a former Shocker from the late 80s. John was mostly injured and never really contributed anything on the court.

Really good guy though. I would expect nothing but practice help.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                Really good guy though. I would expect nothing but practice help.
                Isn't that all we should ever expect from any walk-on under normal circumstances?

And if you do get more than just practice help, then it's a big time bonus. :good:

Comment

Interesting to note on the roster:

Only 11 schollies for the 08-09 season.
                  Only 11 schollies for the 09-10 season currently. (Taking away Clemente, Griskenas, and adding Blair and Manigault)

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                    Interesting to note on the roster:

Only 11 schollies for the 08-09 season.
                    Only 11 schollies for the 09-10 season currently. (Taking away Clemente, Griskenas, and adding Blair and Manigault)
                    Blair counts against this season, and if we fill the last scholarship I'm sure that will carry over to 09.

What is your point?
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

Blair is on scholarship right now. He can't play but he still takes up a schollie.
                      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Sorry guys, I missed that about Blair.

I guess my point is: We need to fill the last schollie with a big for this year.
                        It is just 'too iffy' a situation with your only Center being a freshman. He will need help of some kind.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                          Sorry guys, I missed that about Blair.

I guess my point is: We need to fill the last schollie with a big for this year.
                          It is just 'too iffy' a situation with your only Center being a freshman. He will need help of some kind.
                          We played without a "center" for 2 years.

I would guess JT, Aaron, Ramon and even Mantas will help split defensive assignments in the post.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

It's too late in the game to get a big I'm sure. Garrett will get plenty of time to learn the game as he's the only C on the team. However, he'll get plenty of help from Aaron, Ramon, Mantas and probably JT from what we've heard. We'll be alright and at least we know we now have a true C that we can go to when needed.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

We've got to accept the fact that our young studs are gonna have to take some lumps early before they learn how to give some lumps out.These are exciting times and the best part is waiting to see who will emerge as tough minded players that we can depend on to come through.I do know they are working extremely hard.

Comment

Working...
                              X