Just curious........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockall
    ..4th year of watching Shox in summer pickup games. The games have not changed......still the same intensity as in prior years......Not at all representative of what takes place in a real season game...(Gee....I think I remember Cameron Ledford telling some new players those words about 4 years ago).

I won't pretend to judge these player's talents or durability based on summer pick-up games....nor will the current coaches.
    Of course, most fans don't watch players running the stairs of Cessna Stadium. As you indicate, the summer pickup games don't necessarily tell us much. However I'm sure the players are evaluating one another and an assessment that the rest of the team is greatly improved may motivate players to work harder away from the court (e.g. running the stairs of Cessna Stadium).
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

RDR has it right. The talent level is much higher and competition is better from that point. And will be even higher when practice rolls around.

There doesn't appear to be the drastic drop off from player 4, 5 or 6 to everyone else.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

It's comforting to have lots of talent.WSU should always have talented players,if for nothing else,they would come for the tremendous fan support,(10,500)screaming for you every home game I'm stoked just thinking about it.

Comment

It is exciting to think of how loud Koch will be this year. This team is so more athleticaly superior than any of the other teams we have been use to over the last couple of years. Along with greater depth and a hugh group of tall player, this will be a fun team to watch. HCM will have the luxury of being able to sub at any position without a lose of ability or athleticism in that player.
          It is nice to see that RDR is back among us, and again we will be favored with his very astute observations.

Comment

Originally posted by WSU Cowboy
            It is nice to see that RDR is back among us, and again we will be favored with his very astute observations.
            He's also been working on his jump shot and should be a huge asset this year. :D
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

It is exciting to think of how loud Koch will be this year. This team is so more athleticaly superior than any of the other teams we have been use to over the last couple of years. Along with greater depth and a hugh group of tall player, this will be a fun team to watch. HCM will have the luxury of being able to sub at any position without a lose of ability or athleticism in that player.
              Hey Cowboy,

Is the team practicing in Heskett or Koch now?

Tambien, que tiempo es? Also, what time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigshotmaker
                It's comforting to have lots of talent.WSU should always have talented players,if for nothing else,they would come for the tremendous fan support,(10,500)screaming for you every home game I'm stoked just thinking about it.
                Actually, it's 10,503 fans, somehow we lost 13 seats from last year.

Comment

:cry:

:-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x

Comment

I was told by the Basketball Office that some of the players were going home some were staying behind and and due to Volleyball they would be shooting at the Heskett. Also the practices would be CLOSED. :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                      :cry:

:-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :( :( :( :-x :-x ouch 8)
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I was told by the Basketball Office that some of the players were going home some were staying behind and and due to Volleyball they would be shooting at the Heskett. Also the practices would be CLOSED. :cry:
                        The closing seems strange.

Thanks, Cowboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio

The closing seems strange.

Thanks, Cowboy.
                          JJ called me with the news. :cry:

Comment

what the crap?

Comment

Maybe Coach has some surpises up his sleeve and doesn't want to "let the cat out of the bag." Everyone knows that if a SNer sees a practice, he will report all he knows and sees here.

Comment

they don't have to let anyone that isn't a student into the heskett center. I don't believe they can close the entire unstairs while the team is practicing, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X