• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just curious........

When it will stop?

Here's where we are today......

13 scholarships.

Gabe is a transfer so he can't play. 12 Mantas, recovering and reports are that he looks good, is nevertheless not playing. 11 JT is out for now and conditioning is, shall we say, in question. 10 Ramon, hopefully ok, is nevertheless not playing currently. 9 AJ has barely been healthy since arriving, is in a boot, and again not playing. 8 Anybody think Hatch's game is getting a lot better back home? 7 Ehimen, for all the work accomplished, is still not cleared yet.

6 currently available scholarship players. Reggie, Clevin, Toure, David, Garrett & Aaron. 31 combined games of Division 1 experience.

You probably can't find a person more bullish on these new guys than I, but they can't do it alone. I know I'm just a fan, but I'm damned tired of this string of bad luck. If we had bad people in the program, or bad kids.....at least I could see some karma.....but these kids are the best and the staff is absolutely busting their collective asses. Regardless of what I would like to see, they all deserve better.

:-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x

It is a little bit dis-heartening to say the least.

Comment

At least its almost August 1st, not December 1st. There is still time for this to come together a little bit :)
      YOUSUCKITPOX

Comment

I started the day off depressed over this, forgot about it and got better. Now I'm depressed again.
        Thanks Doc.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
          I started the day off depressed over this, forgot about it and got better. Now I'm depressed again.
          Thanks Doc.

Sorry, Trop. Having suffered with depression several times in my life, I hear ya hummin'.

This is just such a quality group of young men.....it just isn't fair and I had to vent.

Comment

Originally posted by Born2Shock
            At least its almost August 1st, not December 1st. There is still time for this to come together a little bit :)
            I gotta agree here. Completely different story if this is October, but it's not. Better to get your bad luck out of the way early is what I say. First game's usually the middle of November with Old Spice in late November. Have no fear. Plenty of time to heal up and get in shape.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I think (hope) EO will be playing for us this year. Add in the walk-ons and we are strong at the guard positions and at center. With Aaron as a SF and the walk-ons, we would survive. As for the other players.
              I think we can survive if some of the following can't play:
              Mantas: I don't expect him to be a team star.
              JT: Lots of potential but lots of you wrote him off before he got hurt.
              AJ: A big question; we have not seem him play in the Valley.
              Hatch: Not expected to be a team star.

The one player we really need:
              Ramon: We need RC. If he can't play, we need AE to really hit the boards.

Any of Hatch, Hawkins, Durley and Griskenas could be a team leader and star. Each of them would help the team and make it deeper. However strong guards and two 7'0" centers already make the Shocks look good in the Valley.
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                I think (hope) EO will be playing for us this year. Add in the walk-ons and we are strong at the guard positions and at center. With Aaron as a SF and the walk-ons, we would survive. As for the other players.
                I think we can survive if some of the following can't play:
                Mantas: I don't expect him to be a team star.
                JT: Lots of potential but lots of you wrote him off before he got hurt.
                AJ: A big question; we have not seem him play in the Valley.
                Hatch: Not expected to be a team star.

The one player we really need:
                Ramon: We need RC. If he can't play, we need AE to really hit the boards.

Any of Hatch, Hawkins, Durley and Griskenas could be a team leader and star. Each of them would help the team and make it deeper. However strong guards and two 7'0" centers already make the Shocks look good in the Valley.
                In response to your thoughts, I wanted to add mine:

Mantas -- Will not be a star, but will be a game changer at certain times this year.
                JT -- Coach and his teammates have made an impact on this young man. Especially Ramon.
                AJ -- Do not worry about him not having played in the Valley...Cooz said we would forget about him after watching AJ play, and he has had a year to learn the system. Valley Newcomer of the Year (if eligible)
                Hatch -- Is a dedicated and smart young man. He may not be with the team, which will definitely inhibit his feel of his teammates some, but he is playing and working out (See players in pick-up games not from WSU)
                Ramon -- Has worked SO hard he needed to limit himself. Look at his work ethic last year and what he was able to accomplish. Do not worry about him being in shape, and if he takes some time off, do not worry about.....what I am saying, just don't worry about Ramon. He has proven his toughness and dedication.

Comment

Downtown, pretty much agree with you.

Mantas should be practicing some by end of August. He will have flashes of playing good.

JT should be back by mid September.

AJ should be real close to practicing (2-3 weeks).

EO will get cleared. Confidence in the coach to get this through.

Ramon is a ?. Feel they are just being cautious with him. He wants to be the leader of the team though, and he will do everything he can to accomplish that. Feel that he will be back in 2-3 weeks.

I hope Hatch is working on his conditioning, running a lot, and pumping those 3's in.

Comment

I must have missed something along the line. I know Hatch got married a short while ago, but with ALL the other team members here this summer, why is he not here? Being married shouldn't be an excuse or a reason. Is he a part of this team or is he not?

Comment

Marshall told him to go home and get married and enjoy the summer. There's nothing wrong with that. Why make the kid go home and get married then turn right around and come back here.

I'm sure he and his wife have to spend some time figuring out how they're going to live over the next few years. I'd assume she may be preparing to move up here and find work or transfer in to WSU for school. Maybe she'll be staying in AZ for school? I'm not sure what the plans are but there's nothing wrong with how it's been handled.

He's a bright kid with a good work ethic. You can be sure that he's working out and playing ball back home and will be ready to go when he returns.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

As I read Doc's concerns, it reminded me to be realistic about this young team this Season. Our top 4 scorers from last Season are gone with the wind. What this team may lack in experience though, will be overcome by talent, rigid competition in practice, a strong desire to win, and very solid coaching.

The great news about being young is that you heal much faster than us ole goats. Look for better guard play with shooters and scorers, more overall quality depth at each position, a quicker and stingy defense, a much better inside game, and for Ramon to emerge as a tough minded--strong working leader. These leadership efforts will become contagious.

This squad will be healing now, learning to win together sooner than later, and be moving onward to a brighter future. These opinions go beyond hot air, because I am feelin it in my ole bones. Hard work= = = more gains. Few Programs will "out work" this group of young gifted Shockers. The progress may start slow which will require our patience. However, the gains will increase and become more steadfast, and the ROI paybacks for our extra efforts will be sweet, 7-fold su---weeet. Reply #11
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I like what Hatch brings to the team. He's very specialized. I'll bet that he understands the system very well and knows his role.

With the front court players we have, other teams are going to be tempted to double down with a tall guard. Hatch can keep other tesams from clogging up the middle and doubling the front court guys.

About all he has to do this summer is stay in good conditioning and shoot a couple hundred 3's every day.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I'm glad Hatch will be returning as a Shocker. I was just wondering when the BB experts start evaluating the Valley for predictions for this Season, where they will place the Shocks? My guess is somewhere in the middle of the pack.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                              I'm glad Hatch will be returning as a Shocker. I was just wondering when the BB experts start evaluating the Valley for predictions for this Season, where they will place the Shocks? My guess is somewhere in the middle of the pack.
                              im gonna guess around 6 or 7th, too many unknown and we are really inexperienced
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                              X