Congratulations Arbry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations Arbry

Lost in the Hart snafu was a real good story which has a chance to get even better. A player cast off by a prior coaching staff busted his butt and academically earned his way back on the team. That tells me something about the kid's character and I don't even know him. It tells me he really wants to be a Shocker and I like that.
    Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

I do to. I've always been big on Butler and his potential. He's obviously busted his butt to earn a spot on this team and with the new system, I could see where he could have much more success than with the previous staff.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Let’s not go too far. It’s good he righted the ship but he backed himself into a hole by not taking care of business in the first place. He needs to continually get better both on and off the court.

Comment

You are absolutely right Boston. He still has work to do. However, in today's age, more often than not, it is my feeling most kids in a similar situation would take the easy road out and bail for a junior college. That is why I think there is hope.
        Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Let's hope he takes care of things in the gym just as hard, because players that can clang a brick from anywhere on the court are what we've had too much of in the past.
          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

It shows he wants to play and wants to be here. That's at least a good start. Anyone that can go from being ineligible to eligible in just a very short period of time has got to be determined.

Let's hope he keeps it up and we never hear of the academic problems again.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
              I do to. I've always been big on Butler and his potential. He's obviously busted his butt to earn a spot on this team and with the new system, I could see where he could have much more success than with the previous staff.
              Absolutely. If there was anyone who looks like he was built for a pressing/fastbreak style of basketball it is Butler. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does in this kind of system.
              The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

i saw him this morning in the RSC, and the kid had a pretty big smile on his face. The kid has surely earned the right to play on this team. And it sure would be a nice story if he turns out to be a succuessful player on this team. I am surely routing him on.

GO SHOX!!
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

And everything fell perfectly into place for him as well. He gets to stay in school, gets to keep his scholly, and gets to continue to play basketball for a program that is definitely worth playing for.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                    i saw him this morning in the RSC, and the kid had a pretty big smile on his face. The kid has surely earned the right to play on this team. And it sure would be a nice story if he turns out to be a succuessful player on this team. I am surely routing him on.

GO SHOX!!
                    Routing?? http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rout
                    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Butler gives all WSU fans a reason to cheer for him to be successful on the court (and in the classroom).

Butler went from dismissed from the team and ineligible - to back on the team with his eligibility re-established. That's a lot for someone not yet 20 years old to go through.

The fact that he did it speaks volumes for his character. He had to apply himself in class and miss out on a summer doing it. He also had to show GM enough skills that Marshall felt he should have a spot on the team.

If Marshall can take advantage of strengths and Butler can learn how to get position for rebounds or move around box-outs (thin guys are better at that than wide-body guys) or maybe just get in a reasonable position and outjump guys for the ball. Maybe defend by blocking or altering shots, I will absolutely support Butler and hope he becomes a contributing Shocker.

I bet it gets real loud the first time he steps on the court at CKA.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                        Originally posted by newshock1234

GO SHOX!!
                        Routing?? http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rout
                        haha you know what i meant
                        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

This is great news! Big-time props to the young man!

All this talk about Arbry Butler and to think...he's only gonna be a Freshmen!
                          Four years with Marshall and his system. Kewl!

Great job Arbry!!! :good:
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by tgcshock
                            Originally posted by SubGod22
                            Absolutely. If there was anyone who looks like he was built for a pressing/fastbreak style of basketball it is Butler. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does in this kind of system.
                            Last year during Shocker Madness he took a fast-break pass, full-speed, and soared to the rim letting it gently drop into the bucket with a defender ALL OVER HIM. It was a VERY agile, strong move for the then very green, and very thin Butler. Arbry will NEVER be a shooter but if he can just get his weight to at least 230lbs and hit that magical 6'9" mark he will be a special player for us!

GO SHOX!

GO ARBRY!

T

...8)

Comment

Aargh and others have said roughly:

"Butler went from dismissed from the team and ineligible - to back on the team with his eligibility re-established. That's a lot for someone not yet 20 years old to go through.

The fact that he did it speaks volumes for his character."

I hope the young man turns into an asset both on and off the court for WSU. But to give someone credit and adulation for digging themselves out of a hole, that THEY dug, this appears to be a lack of personal responsibility. If there were circumstances that led to his lack of academic performance that were beyond his control, then kudos to him, but if these problems were his own making, then I do not give credit for "cleaning up your own mess."

Comment

Working...
                              X