No announcement yet.

Congratulations Arbry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Ol' Badass Balla: Don't get so stuck in the "Devil's Advocate" role that you fail to enjoy whatever success the Shockers do have. Also, go to Volleyball games!!
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I beleive 6'8" is a legit height for AB and I also think he will be finding minutes, probably all of his minutes, playing as the fourth big in the rotation

Comment

Well said

Comment

Looks like quite a few Fr will be getting some minutes this year. Durley, Ellis, Burley, Orupke (? - could be a RS), Hatch, Michael. There seems to be some potential there and I look forward to seeing what they can do in games.

I'm pretty much convinced that the best thing about a lot of Fr getting minutes is that they're Soph's next year.

If the Fr get some minutes and those minutes turn out to be mostly making the transition to D1 and preparing for next year, that's fine with me. That's about all I expect. If a Fr becomes a contributor or a role player, that's a huge plus. Gal did it last year. Cooz, Braeuer and Ogirri did it. It happens, but it's not common.

1 or 2 out of this Fr class need to do that.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Oh Yeah?

We're going to the Final Four this season!

Comment

In volleyball, just the elite 8 in basketball

Comment

Does my memory serve me right that Arby was the 'Gatorade' player of the year in Arkansas his senior year in High School?

Comment

No, that was Brown

Comment

He didn't even make All State

Comment

Butler was on a really crappy team in HS. Hard to get awards when your teams record sucks.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

But the scouting services gave him 3 stars.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

AB showed huge athletic potential in AAU ball. That is where his hype was founded (and still is). My understanding is that he is a run and jump athlete with the ability to handle the ball a little. The thinking with AB is that if he can put on some weight and/or learn how to shoot that he will be a high level player at WSU. Thus far, he is still all potential.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan
                            AB showed huge athletic potential in AAU ball. That is where his hype was founded (and still is). My understanding is that he is a run and jump athlete with the ability to handle the ball a little. The thinking with AB is that if he can put on some weight and/or learn how to shoot that he will be a high level player at WSU. Thus far, he is still all potential.
                            Correct.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

AB's potential got his foot in the door at WSU, however all the physical skills and potential are nothing unless one's got his head screwed on tight. Thus far, he's been too busy screwing it back on and almost screwing up his career. If his head's not right, his game won't be either.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                                AB's potential got his foot in the door at WSU, however all the physical skills and potential are nothing unless one's got his head screwed on tight. Thus far, he's been too busy screwing it back on and almost screwing up his career. If his head's not right, his game won't be either.

I wanted to revive this thread for 2 reasons. First, excellent point KC.

Second, Arbry is now firmly in control of Arbry's future. If he does what HCGM tells him to do, there is no ceiling. He could be as good a player as there is in the league in a couple of seasons.....he is that gifted. He also might never play a minute....that is the flux that he is in right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X