No announcement yet.

Durley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm concerned, and feel bad for JT, about the possibility of him getting back out of shape. He had such a hard time with conditioning after his first injury.
    In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
      Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone

You never go foot to mouth!
      BRILLIANT!!!
      I love that movie.

Comment

Kevin Smith is the man. I'll watch anything he's involved with.

And that movie definitely didn't suck. I enjoyed Randall's description of each LOTR's movie :D
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
          Haertl just said on the radio that losing Durley is possibly the biggest loss (player-wise) that this team could have. What?????? What is he smoking?
          Actually I believe he was saying that if there is any one player the Shox can't afford to have this kind of injury on it's Durley. I took that to mean that with this injury it will take him even LONGER to get conditioned again. Other players are able to get back into shape after an injury quicker than Durley. With Durley this injury could set him back...maybe even way back...on his conditioning once again since it will be very hard for him to do any cardio with this injury. Think about how hard it's been to get him in the shape that he seems to FINALLY be getting in. Now throw this kind of injury in and who knows when he'll be in the shape he needs to be in again.

Taking all of that into account and some of the "issues" with his work ethic...he is the Shocker that can least afford this type of injury. Most of the other Shockers can whip back into shape faster than he can.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

one ring to rule them all

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
              Originally posted by pinstripers
              Haertl just said on the radio that losing Durley is possibly the biggest loss (player-wise) that this team could have. What?????? What is he smoking?
              Actually I believe he was saying that if there is any one player the Shox can't afford to have this kind of injury on it's Durley. I took that to mean that with this injury it will take him even LONGER to get conditioned again. Other players are able to get back into shape after an injury quicker than Durley. With Durley this injury could set him back...maybe even way back...on his conditioning once again since it will be very hard for him to do any cardio with this injury. Think about how hard it's been to get him in the shape that he seems to FINALLY be getting in. Now throw this kind of injury in and who knows when he'll be in the shape he needs to be in again.

Taking all of that into account and some of the "issues" with his work ethic...he is the Shocker that can least afford this type of injury. Most of the other Shockers can whip back into shape faster than he can.
              I'm sure he'll see some pool time... if he can swim he can at least stay in some sort of shape. The Heskett center has a pool for Durley I believe.

Comment

This will be Durley's opportunity to show his mettle as it could easily be the beginning of the end of his D1 sports career.

Comment

Uh-oh

Originally posted by ISASO
                  This will be Durley's opportunity to show his mettle as it could easily be the beginning of the end of his D1 sports career.
                  Yes, DaShox will probably be ready to give him a one-way bus ticket back to Pittsburg TX. You have a point, though -- if he can't find it within himself to rehab his way into condition and stay in condition, there are plenty of guys on this team who are capable of getting his minutes, and that's even before Gabe Blair joins the mix next year.

Comment

I guarantee you that if Durley is still puss'n around with his foot and his conditioning isn't 100% back by semester break, I would think a lot of people will be consulting Greyhound schedules. This program simply cannot afford to hand out scholarships to non-producers. The deck is stacked against us enough, we don't need to manufacture a bunch more cards to add to the pile.

Comment

Durley's broken bone sounds minor even though a screw was put into his
                      foot, and he should be able to start rehabbing after 6-7 weeks. That would put it around the 2nd week in September.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxCO94
                        The Heskett center has a pool for Durley I believe.
                        Wow!! Can I have my own pool too? :D :lol:
                        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Or...there's a swim-ex in the training room...

Comment

I think that what everybody is trying to say is that this year Durley can not continue his self-admitted lazy streak. If he does there are several other players that will pass him bye and he maybe end up playing some mop-up minutes. We are way deeper at the 4 and 5 than we have been in several years and he hasn't shown the speed needed to play the three esp. on defense.

Defense in general has been his week suit. You have to put up more points up than you allow. This has been debatable in some past contests. JT can be a special player, I just hope he gears it up or well let's not dwell on that.

Comment

Working...
                            X