Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope the games will be more AND1 like in terms of

Athletism and flashiness and much better defense than last year

Athleticism, yes. Flashiness, no freaking way. Fundamental basketball that fully utilizes the players' skills is what we should want. If a few plays happen to be flashy because that is what gets the job done, fine. But most of the time flashy also means careless.

Comment

I agree! We definitely need more excitement during home games to keep the crowd entertained. Turgeon promised exciting basketball but it got very very vanilla towards the end. We had multiple home-streaks going where there wasn't one, single dunk during the game. That is inexcusable considering some of the athletes we have on the floor.

I hope Marshall fully understands the advantage he has with his new fan-base and utilizes it well by giving us something to cheer about regardless of whether we are ahead or behind on the scoreboard.

I want to win 90-75 not 65-45

GO SHOX!

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        I agree! We definitely need more excitement during home games to keep the crowd entertained. Turgeon promised exciting basketball but it got very very vanilla towards the end. We had multiple home-streaks going where there wasn't one, single dunk during the game. That is inexcusable considering some of the athletes we have on the floor.

I hope Marshall fully understands the advantage he has with his new fan-base and utilizes it well by giving us something to cheer about regardless of whether we are ahead or behind on the scoreboard.

GO SHOX!

T

...8)

Cold,

You needn't worry. Problem solved.

Comment

I want a W
          that will do for me

Comment

I ask for very little this year, only that they make the MVC tournament, and that they win the last game they play.

Comment

Originally posted by rayc
              I ask for very little this year, only that they make the MVC tournament, and that they win the last game they play.
              Well everyone makes the MVC tournament so.... the team has virtually already accomplished one of your two goals.

And as far as being more And1-like.... all I care about is winning. The team shouldn't have to beg to get fans rowdy. Make the easy plays and score more than the other team. That's enough for me to stand up and cheer.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded

GO SHOX!

T

...8)
                What Cold said... :bball_spin:

and...
                it's very obvious Coach Marshall doesn't wear NE Kansas blinders.

MT was great (I love him), but it's so refreshing having non-KU blood in charge. :goshocks:
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

If you want to be entertained only, watch the NBA.
                  It doesn't matter if it's 56-55 or 86-85, as long as they score one more point than the opposition. Nobody remembers who finished second.
                  Al Davis is weird, but he is right... "Just win baby." 8)
                  Above all, make the right call.

Comment

I never watch the NBA, ever, but if Jack Hartman was our coach, I would'nt not buy season tix.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                      I never watch the NBA, ever, but if Jack Hartman was our coach, I would'nt not buy season tix.
                      ..or Chris Lowery.

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef
                        If you want to be entertained only, watch the NBA.
                        It doesn't matter if it's 56-55 or 86-85, as long as they score one more point than the opposition. Nobody remembers who finished second.
                        Al Davis is weird, but he is right... "Just win baby." 8)
                        the only qualification I want to make to this statement is that if it's a 1-pointer, it better be against a BCS team.

I won't be satisfied with an 86-85 win over Md-Baltimore County.

And I prefer fundamentals.....a fundamental inside pass for a layup, not a missed dunk. Give Turgeon at least a little credit (notwithstanding last year's slump).

Comment

Originally posted by rayc
                          ... and that they win the last game they play.
                          Not asking for much there are we?

Comment

Seems like a nice way to cap off Marshall’s initial season – no? I doubt that anyone would care about the point differential

Comment

We need the fundamentals more than anything the atheleticism is natural to these guys and the reason they even play college ball

Comment

Working...
                              X