Whitehead leaves Creighton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitehead leaves Creighton

Tom Whitehead, a junior college transfer who previously had been on a two year Mormon mission has quit the Creighton team and has gone home. Sounds like the Creighton staff thought he would not get much PT. This leaves Creighton with three players over 6-5.
    In the fast lane

What are his height & weight?
    Instead of enrolling in a junior college, Whitehead chose to go on a two-year Mormon mission. After fulfilling his mission work, Whitehead enrolled at Yavapai College, a two-year school in Prescott, Ariz., in 2007. He averaged 22 points and eight rebounds a game and earned the Arizona Community College Athletic Conference freshman of the year award.
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

having shorter players than 6'5 does sound quite famillar

Comment

Take this with a grain of salt as it is not from the horses mouth to my ears but it is from a horse who I know for a fact has friends on the team and there is some discontent here among the team from the fact that a player or two have been given great latitude and some things have been overlooked regarding sometimes immature behavior while others get a serious dose of tough love or, in this case seemingly, shown the door.

Internal strife will not lead to successful basketball.

Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
          What are his height & weight?
          6-6 and apparently overweight.
          In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
            Take this with a grain of salt as it is not from the horses mouth to my ears but it is from a horse who I know for a fact has friends on the team and there is some discontent here among the team from the fact that a player or two have been given great latitude and some things have been overlooked regarding sometimes immature behavior while others get a serious dose of tough love or, in this case seemingly, shown the door.

Internal strife will not lead to successful basketball.

http://thebluejaycafe.com/BB/viewtop...r=asc&start=15
            Holy comma-less, run-on sentence batman! Maybe that's a special skill one can only learn from a "jesuit education".

Comment

I must admit that the idea of playing Creighton has become more appealing.

Kenny Lawson Jr. 6-9, 225 vs. Ehimen Orukpe 7-0, 220
              Kenton Walker 6-8, 220 vs. Garrett Stutz, 6-11+, 235+
              Chad Millard 6-8, 220 vs. Aaron Ellis, 6-7++, 197+
              Casey Harriman 6-5, 205 vs. Ramon Clemente, 6-6, 221
              ETC.

WICHITA, Kan. ?Reggie Chamberlain has signed a National Letter of Intent to play men's basketball at Wichita State, Head Coach Gregg Marshall announced today.

Comment

Lawson still worries me. That guy is a beast inside. But I feel better about what we can throw at him this year as opposed to last.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

New CU players?

Justin Carter, 6'4", 200
                  We also have confirmed that Creighton has signed 6'4 Justin Carter from Fullerton (JC) CA, who is ranked #33 in the junior college ranks by JucoJunction.com and was the California Junior College Player-of-the-Year this past season. And Carter is exactly what the doctor ordered to replace Keeling when he reneged on the Bluejays, because he's a tough hardnosed slashing multi-dimensional athlete who rebounds well for his size, has good ball handling and passing skills in the open court, plays excellent defense, and has a knack for drawing the foul and getting to the line. page 9 of the thread.

Josh Jones, 6'2", ??

Antoine Young, 5'9"-6'1", ?? (Ht: 5-11 Wt: 165) http://hsnebraska.scout.com/a.z?s=13...=1&nid=2095278

Comment

Not being picky, but Coach Marshall said Aaron was 6-9, not 6-7. He said he did not know how the 6-7 idea got started.

I personally heard it from his lips.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                      Not being picky, but Coach Marshall said Aaron was 6-9, not 6-7. He said he did not know how the 6-7 idea got started.

Perhaps it is from the roster on Goshockers.com. Seems that the staff would have some sort of review of this info before it is published.

Comment

Discussing Creighton's roster transfers on Shockernet?

And yes, Ricky is correct, from the horse's mouth comes 6'9" on Ellis.

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio

I just copied the source; in AE's case, that was goshockers.

Comment

Actually we have all the heights that I require on my "dream team"..

6'9", 7', 6'6", 6'5"

Now if Ellis was 250 and a power forward, Ramon was a legitimate slasher (he could still turn out to one based on the summer reports), and one of the 7 footers gets to about 275, develops bad body odor and a very bad attitude (towards opposition), my dreams could finally come true.

T

..8)

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                              Discussing Creighton's roster transfers on Shockernet?
                              When we own Altman next year (2008-9), I want to be able to point out (to CU fans) exactly why. :D

Comment

Working...
                              X