Orukpe Enrolled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orukpe Enrolled?

Is EO taking summer classes, lifting,running,eating with the team.If that's the case it's all done.

I don't think that he will be able to enroll until Fall so it's not over yet, he still has a few hurdles to clear.

Comment

Orupke

Gregg Marshall told me in his office 3-4 wks ago (I was there before going to watch a Mon scrimmage) that Orupke was to be enrolled in summer school at WSU by July 9th along with Gabe Blair. However, Gregg did not say that Orpuke is officially cleared to receive his athletic scholarship yet. He said something about how difficult the process has been to get him eligible. He did not go into whether or not Orupke has taken and passed a SAT test yet. That is what I've read in the past here in various threads about what he has to do yet & is the reason why he is still at Sunrise Christian Academy - to study for that test.

Comment

Well, if he is to be enrolled in Summer School by July 9th, then he would have had to take the SAT test in June since it is a requirement prior to enrolling in College.

If he isn't enrolled in July, I would say he is probably scheduled to take the SAT on August 11th in time to enroll for the fall semester.

Comment

Re:

There is a rumor that he is enrolled for 2nd session summer classes.

Comment

I did not know that taking the SAT was a requirement prior to enrolling and I question whether that is correct. I never took the SAT and enrolled in and graduated from WSU. But that was a long time ago.

I think there is a different standard for enrolling in college and being academically eligible to play Division I sports.
            Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by wsu789
              I did not know that taking the SAT was a requirement prior to enrolling and I question whether that is correct. I never took the SAT and enrolled in and graduated from WSU. But that was a long time ago.

I think there is a different standard for enrolling in college and being academically eligible to play Division I sports.

Non-residents must:
              1. Achieve an ACT composite score of 21 or above or a minimum combined SAT-I score of 980, OR

2. Rank in the top one-third of their high schools' graduating class, OR

3. Complete the pre-college curriculum with at least a 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.

GED students must:
              Have a minimum score of 510 on each sub test and an overall score of 2550 to be admitted. In addition, GED students must submit official ACT or SAT scores.
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Checked with a WSU student who logged into myWSU to check the student directory.

He confirmed that EO is in the system as a freshman in Liberal Arts & Sciences.

I think the only way to do that is to be enrolled, but, as wsu789 points out, that doesn't mean he met an eligibility standard.
                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

I don't know the requirements to take classes at WSU, but I've known high school kids that take summer classes there, or even classes during their senior year, even though they haven't graduated high school yet. It helps them get a head start on college hours once they actually start college.

Comment

Please tell me this is nothing like what Nebraska ran into, isn't there some issue with enrolling before eligible for athletic play?

I'm not trying to start something and I'm not worried, I just have questions.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

That was a Big 12 conference violation. I have no idea if the Valley has something similar. Probably not because I'm sure Marshall and staff know what they are doing.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Would someone please diagram the flow chart for E.O.

Begin with his last day of high school in Nigeria and continue to the first game of the 08-09 season.

Please do not omit any activity. Please include the activities of all, who have participated in his recruitment and enrollment in Wichita State University.

As an example, include the activities of Rep. Tiahrt, Sunrise Christian Academy, Coach Gross, etc.

Thanks.

Out.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                          Please tell me this is nothing like what Nebraska ran into, isn't there some issue with enrolling before eligible for athletic play?

Is this is guy you are talking about at Nebraska?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan
                            I don't know the requirements to take classes at WSU, but I've known high school kids that take summer classes there, or even classes during their senior year, even though they haven't graduated high school yet. It helps them get a head start on college hours once they actually start college.
                            I did that in college for graduate school credit, but was limited to 6 graduate credit hours during my Senior year in college.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
                              Originally posted by wu_shizzle

Is this is guy you are talking about at Nebraska?
                              yes.

he was supposed to be a big part of unl this year. many felt that with him they would be going dancing. without him they wonder if they will make the nit.

Comment

Working...
                              X