No announcement yet.

Orlando Expectations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes ESPN does televise this tournament. I emailed the marketing director for the tournament last week and received an email back stating that they were in the final stages of confirming the time slots with ESPN for television and they think that the bracket will be released at some point in the next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Snow
      I hope we keep all three games within ten points and dont get embarassed.
      We will not get embarassed! 8) :posterwsu: :posterwu: :goshocks: 8)
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I'm starting to believe we might show better than most expect us to. Maybe the freshmen are able to jump in right away or the jucos or maybe the sophomores figure it out early this year?

Ramon will be a force on the boards again this year and may be looking to score more and we certainly need for him to do so. The two freshman bigs are a question mark, but can effect the other team on defense and maybe score a bit.

Then you have MG, JT and AE. These guys are mostly fours but JT maybe able to do some work at the five. MG was just starting to show up when he went down with his second knee injury, but appears to be recovering nicely as the injury was to the other knee. He was also a 1st team Juco All American. AE was starting to show some of the talent he possesses towards the end of the year. JTD has a ton of talent on the offensive end if he can just start to play defense we'll be fine.

The two new Juco Point guards appear to also be good combo guards. Both can run the point and shoot if you drop off. The freshmen TM and and DK may be able to go the point if required but ate mainly SG. GH returns a a SG a bit slow but has a good stroke beyond the 3 point line.

AJH appears to be a shoe in at the 3. He appears to be a more athletic version of PJ. I doubt he fills all columns of the stat sheet as well as PJ, but may improve scoring and rebounding. Lots of possible lineups here if we go small or big. Any of the 4s or any of the 2s depending on Marshall.

We may not do that well this year but we have a good base as these players mature. If they can come in ahead of schedule we might be pleased.

Comment

Does anyone know AJ's injury history? It seems like he might be a little prone to injury.

Comment

There's no history to worry about. He had toe surgery, it's not a big deal
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Zardoz
              I'm starting to believe we might show better than most expect us to. Maybe the freshmen are able to jump in right away or the jucos or maybe the sophomores figure it out early this year?

The two freshman bigs are a question mark, but can effect the other team on defense and maybe score a bit.

MG was just starting to show up when he went down with his second knee injury, but appears to be recovering nicely as the injury was to the other knee. He was also a 1st team Juco All American.

I'm bullish on the future (beyond '09) but this just illustrates how young we are with a ton of "ifs" and ? marks everywhere. We return a cumulative total of 7 seasons of D1 experience :blink: I don't know if we've ever encountered such a scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                Didn't he come in with a shoulder injury last year and wasn't he limited at practice from an injury during the season? I might be making this up, but it rings a bell for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22
                  I might be making this up, but it 'rings a bell' for some reason.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLhoUMOCuyc :yahoo:
                  SFL is back!

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22
                    Didn't he come in with a shoulder injury last year and wasn't he limited at practice from an injury during the season? I might be making this up, but it rings a bell for some reason.
                    I believe he got his bell rung in a practice session and had to sit out awhile because of the concussion.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

I do recall a concussion after running into I believe Ramon on a screen.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                      X