X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orlando Expectations

What are yours?

Pain
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

I expect they will vote to stay in Florida wiping out any hope that someday they will be a part of Kansas

:D 8) 8) 8)
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I'm trying not to have any, at least until I see the team play a few games. I'm hoping for at least 1 win, hate to go there and not get any wins.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Turkey and dressing on the beach at 80 degrees is what I'm counting on. I think we'll get to see some flashes of brilliance on the court out of our Shockers. We might go 0fer but we could also pick up a win or two. It is the beginning of the season for the other teams also.
          :posterwu:

Comment

I don't expect any wins in Florida. Since I'm often wrong, ... :D
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

At this point, considering the field, I'm hoping to pull out one win. I wish I could say I expect them to win the whole thing but that's a bit of a stretch...
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I kind of hope for a Padre Island type deal--hope we win against a higher profile team, but if we can't win, give them a lot of heck and come out of it with some confidence (remember Illinois?). We don't have to win to gain some of that--but it would sure be nice!

Comment

I believe ignorance is bliss; which is why I'm holding out for the Maui Classic. :) but seriously one win in Florida is success to me.

Go Shocks!!!!
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I don't fear anyone in the tournament. We're big, we're talented, we're well coached.Personally,I want Georgetown right off the bat,they're rebulding just like us and I think we can take em.I would think that HCGM would want Gonzaga considering they are the top mid-major right now in the country.That would be a statement game and HCGM want to be mentioned with the same respect as Mark Few,he couldn't get that kind of respect at Winthrop no matter how many big sky titles he won, but a couple of MVC championships would work wonders for his reputation.We will not be shut out.

Comment

Talk about a tough early Tourney for a young team!!! However, this team will be full of surprises, ups and downs, but will be competitive and a better team than last year before it is over. I'm glad we are going and it will better prepare us for the Valley race. If we squeeze out a win or 2, and make a respectable showing, then that is icing on the cake. If not, it will be valuable growing pains of a bright future that will soon follow.

Thank goodness our players are here for the summer and are getting a jump on academics, bulking up, getting use to each other both on and off the court, and bonding. This will all pay future dividends.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Doc---what are your expectations? Reply #11
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

One win would be considered a success, two wins would be sweet. Depends on how bad they want it.

Comment

I hope they prove me wrong as my gut just doesn't feel right going with one. Maybe it's telling me something. It's probably that I haven't eaten in quite a while...
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Can someone remind me who is in the tournament field?

Comment

Working...
                              X