• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock
    Katenda signed with Notre Dame.
    Good. Much better than Nebraska. :)

Well, in recent times.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax
      Originally posted by shockmonster
      Well the very people who posted earlier on this board and seemed to know something about SCA and how they operated (Shockerfan1, Denny Crane, and maybe shoxlax), are not adding anything for a while. Maybe that's because they don't anything, or maybe that's because they don't want to say anything negative regarding the relationship between SCA officials and/or coaches and WSU.
      Nah, I've just been busy. Lindstead's dad runs the school. Kyle is a gym rat/grinder who worked local camps and coaches 12 months a year. So no fancy pedigree, that's for sure. Can't tell you why WSU doesn't have one of their players on the roster, thought it was going to happen two years ago with Raphael. They still have a good reputation with our coaching staff and Mr. Okon, so it kind of baffles me too.
      The ties between Marshall and Coach Lindsted remain strong and consider themselves friends. Coach Lindsted is even a Shocker fan and would love for his players to be Shockers. His players come to Wichita not knowing a thing about WSU and Shocker Nation. It's not easy, as we all know, trying to get recruits from wanting to go to what they think is the highest level. With that said, I believe there will be Sunrise Christian commits to WSU in the future.

And here are two new sophomores from the Bahamas at Sunrise Christian that I hope will be Shockers:

Lourawls Nairm, a stud of a point guard with fantastic speed and feel. He played last year in Florida and was considered one of the top player in the State for that class. Google him for more info.

Nathan Bain who is little known because he hasn't played outside of the Bahamas but is very similar to Buddy Hield.
      In the fast lane

Comment

And here is a little more evidence of Coach Lindsted tie to WSU:

RamonClementeRamon Clemente

So after a long talk with Coach Kyle on the phone I decides to Put together a basketball camp next summer in Wichita Kansas for the kids
        In the fast lane

Comment

How does Linstead find players to recruit to Sunrise? I guess I don't understand high school recruiting in this regard.

Comment

I'm not an expert on this but many of his players come from other nations. They and their sponsors are looking for placements so they can come to the U.S. It's pretty obvious that Kyle has found ties to the Bahamas and to overseas. I don't think WSU so far has anything to do with placements at Sunrise.
            In the fast lane

Comment

Lou Rawls? Really?

Comment

Sure...

Originally posted by pinstripers
                Lou Rawls? Really?
                OT, but hey, pin, I've known a couple of women over the years who thought Lou Rawls was the hottest thing going. Put someone like that in charge of naming a child, and there you have it. Still, that's right up there with Antiquawn.

By the way, we once had a carpet cleaner who was actually named Rolando Calrissian Shepard (I couldn't believe it, so he showed me his driver's license). His mom was a huge Billy Dee Williams fan, and the rest was history.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                  Lou Rawls? Really?
                  Gotta love ol Lou...

:good: :good:

smooth and easy listening and sadly missed,Lou rawls 1933-2006.Taken from the album THE VERY BEST OF LOU RAWLS.

:good: :good: :good: :good:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I am fairly certain I still am in possession of a Lou Rawls 8-Track....but unfortunately have no way to play it.

Love Lou Rawls. Barry White was a Lou Rawls wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                      I am fairly certain I still am in possession of a Lou Rawls 8-Track....but unfortunately have no way to play it.

Love Lou Rawls. Barry White was a Lou Rawls wannabe.
                      Saw Lou at the Orpheum just a few months before his death. Wow! What a performance.

Comment

Hard to top Lou... one of my all-time favorite performers. Kinda puts me in the lovin' mood. :yahoo:
                        SFL is back!

Comment

Eric Katenda has been blinded in one eye. His ability to play basketball is in question. If unable to play, Notre Dame plans to somehow pay his way through school.

Notre Dame 2011 commit Eric Katenda was blinded in his left eye during a pickup game last month and his future with the Irish is in doubt.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Wow. That's horrible news. At least he can still get a quality education.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I hear he has a real positive attitude. Best wishes to Eric.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

CoachKyle1Kyle Lindsted

Lawrence Fejokwu 6'9" 2012 has picked up offers from Lasalle and Iona this week. Lawrence is a excellent student and person... well deserved
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X