No announcement yet.

Christian Academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We can only hope one day the nba will want him. He has some good talent. Let us hope he capitalizes

Comment

Coach Lindley

Hey, if you are the coach that coaches the 5th grade Jr. Buffs team in MAYB please shoot me PM please, I have a question for you.

Comment

It's rumored there is a major 2011 recruit at Sunrise, Eric Katenda, a 6-9 player who likes to describe himself as a combo guard. Probably a 3 or 4 if a coach can keep him inside.

He's gone under the radar the last few months due to complications from appendicitis. He should be ready to go by HS season. I believe he is from Cameroon by way of France.

He has interest and or offers from schools like Notre Dame, Michigan and Georgia Tech. I have no idea if the Shocker staff might step in late and try to get him to stay in Wichita.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Here is a description of him:

another article:

here's some message board talk from Fairfield:

Comment

It definitely can't hurt with Sunrise getting kids like this. Especially if the Shox are making some noise. I'd take an athletic 6'9" any day of the week.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Are the shox working on him?
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock
                Are the shox working on him?
                Hopefully Denny Crane can give us some details about Katenda, at least to confirm if he is at Sunrise.
                In the fast lane

Comment

On the recruiting board it's been mentioned that Katenda is indeed at Sunrise. Although all other teammates remain at least somewhat open in their recruitment, Eric's is closed.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Katenda is sounding a lot like Aaron Ellis when he first came to us.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                      On the recruiting board it's been mentioned that Katenda is indeed at Sunrise. Although all other teammates remain at least somewhat open in their recruitment, Eric's is closed.
                      Can you elaborate when you say that his recruitment is "closed"? What does it mean on the recruitment boards? Thanks!

Comment

He will not be a Shocker since he is not adding schools to his list.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

Katenda is focused on Notre Dame, Georgia Tech, Iowa and Wake Forest, among others. He will either sign in the Spring or reclassify to 2012.

In the fast lane

Comment

Rival's Eric Bossi was at Sunrise today. Perhaps there will be some stories.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Katenda's board hasn't changed, but it is rumored that at least one, if not two, of the schools on his list are looking and probably going another direction.

The rumor is that his list is more "his list" and not the schools listed continuing to express interest.

Unlike Matty P, I do not consider this information factual, and it may be nothing but made up rubbish. In fact, I should charge people $10 a month to read it.

Comment

It looks like Wake Forest is still very much involved with Katenda. Don't know about the others.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X