No announcement yet.

Christian Academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wushock, I'm not sure that's what Marshall said about Hannah and Chamberlain, though it was something close to that. I think he made a passing reference to those two to point out that this information about Orupke may not really be "news" since other recruits might have things to get accomplished as well. But in the case of Chamberlain, for example, I don't think he needs to graduate because he was a HS qualifier and just a freshman at Seward.
    Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by wushock
      After listening to Marshall this morning I am quite leary about all this. Listening to him I think there is a remote possibility Orupke might be playing for Sunrise next year. Also he said Hannah was not here because he had work to do before he graduates juco. We all remember Hart and he also said Murry was not here because he hadn't cleared with the NCAA. I have been following WSU for a long time and no that things do go our way more oftern than we would like. I know Sub will say dont worry, but too many times things go against us.
      The juco guys might still just be in school. They can't leave early just because they signed with a 4 year.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Marshall just said that Hannah wasn't finished up yet. No reason to think at this time that he needs summer school to get his AA degree.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
          Marshall just said that Hannah wasn't finished up yet. No reason to think at this time that he needs summer school to get his AA degree.
          After the last post I checked Chipola's class schedule. Their Spring semester ended May 2. The 1st Summer session is from May 5 to June 18. I'm guessing he is finishing up his needed work in that session and will be to Wichita soon after that. There is a 2nd Summer session if needed.
          In the fast lane

Comment

SCA doesn't fall under KSHSAA
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
              They are in essence like a prep school. They can be however old and play there I guess. But I too knew that they were not a KSHSAA member. They are recognized so that KSHSAA schools can compete against them.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                Originally posted by SubGod22
                They are in essence like a prep school. They can be however old and play there I guess. But I too knew that they were not a KSHSAA member. They are recognized so that KSHSAA schools can compete against them.
                Exactly. That's why Chance Lindley played an extra year there I believe trying to get better offers.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Is SCA allowed to compete for state championships?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                    Is SCA allowed to compete for state championships?
                    No, they have their own regional 'league' that they compete in that consists of Christian schools from Kansas and surrounding states.
                    :clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

Comment

I went to Sunrise and know the basketball coach very personally. Chance Lindley played prior to the current head basketball coach obtaining the program. And since Sunrise is not a KSHSAA school, they do not necessarily have to play by the rules. But since the current head basketball coach has taken over, they have played by every rule. The basketball coach has had opprotunities to play kids that were not "legal", and he probably would have loved to have their talent on the team, but since they wrere not KSHSAA eligible, he did not play them. I know for a fact, even though he has said nothing, he would not play EO because of his inelligble status due to age. The only reason EO is being sent to SUNRISE Christian Academy is to get around the red tape of the NCAA clearinghouse. Since SUNRISE has a good relatonship with HCGM and the University they were chosen to pull this togehter. I personally guarantee that under NO CIRCUMSTANCES would the basketball coach allow EO to play, as much as it would help his basketball team and their season. And just for further clarification, as it will not be clear enough for some of you, Chance Lindley PLAYED AT SUNRISE BEFORE THE CURRENT COACH. The current woach WOULD NEVEr under ANY circumstances break KSHSAA rules and allow an illeligble player to play, even though he "legally" could. That's that, And now taking questions...

Comment

Thanks for the info about Sunrise and their coach. Sunrise sounds like a good placement for EO and let's not forget about Egor Shakhmetov. Do you happen to know how he is doing?
                        In the fast lane

Comment

When I was watchin the games, which was almost every game, Egor was very talented. He was very stiff and seemed to think way to much. He is a good kid and has a lot of talent but needs the raw energy to be harnessed and a little more in game reaction instead of thinking.

Comment

Thanks shockerfan1. I hope he's enjoying Wichita.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

From what I hear he plans on enjoying Wichita for a little bit anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan1
                                From what I hear he plans on enjoying Wichita for a little bit anyway.
                                Until the NBA takes him away, right? :)

Comment

Working...
                                X