Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game is off

Originally posted by SportsRadio 1410 KGSO
    KGSO has learned that the game between the Magic and the Hornets will not happen. Evidently the NBA is sending the Hornets to Europe during the preseason, killing the game in Wichita. The Sports Commission is currently looking for two more teams to fill the bill. Obviously the draw of Howard and Paul will be hard to match!
    Orlando is involved with playing european team (s) as well.

After a summer so far noteworthy for the departures of several players from North America to Europe, three famous European teams will make the journey to the U.S. in October for an exhibition tour against five NBA franchises.
    Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Why on earth would anyone watch or even care about an NBA game?

I would not watch one if they were playing across the street from my house.
      Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt

I would. Even if it's not one of my favorite major sports to watch.

The real question though is this.. would you watch it over an NHL game?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
          The real question though is this.. would you watch it over an NHL game?
          No
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

NASCAR, NBA, NHL, why waste your time with any of them.

I would rather smash my boys (nads) with a hammer.
            Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

because maybe im a basketball fan and i like watching the best players in the world
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234

because maybe im a basketball fan and i like watching the best players in the world
                Based off of what we've seen in the international games, you should be watching the Euro Leagues...
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Another NBA topic, another flood of people anxious to tell that they don't care for the NBA.
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl
                    Another NBA topic, another flood of people anxious to tell that they don't care for the NBA.
                    It's cool to hate.

I prefer college athletics, but if given the choice, I'd rather watch the NBA all day long than watch a bunch of guys skate around with sticks or drive in circles.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                      Originally posted by newshock1234

Based off of what we've seen in the international games, you should be watching the Euro Leagues...
                      Doesn't matter whether they're American or international (inlcuding Euros) the bottom line is the best players on the planet are in the NBA. That is indisputable.

Comment

Is that why what's his name just left the NBA for Greece or something?
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

josh childress is hardly elite. he was a sixth man. not many teams have cap room this summer so there are going to be people leaving for europe, but i doubt any starters or really good players will leave.
                          veni, vidi, vici

Comment

yea i think, he went to Greece, so he can become super star status over there
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

It is indeed a fact the best players on earth play in the NBA. But the NBA itself is such a nutty organization that it's hard to get interested in.

Again, no doubt the best play there. It does beat the NHL by quite a margin, but it's in a distant, very distant third place to the two premier major league sports of this nation. (College basketball, on the other hand, is arguably the all-time best, IMO :D )
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I mostly agree, except that I would sit down and watch an NHL game before an NBA game. And I used to love the NBA. But NFL and MLB blow it away.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X