No announcement yet.

NBA TICKETS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally, I couldn't care less if anybody comes.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Call me when they get an NHL game. I'll come down for that. The NBA is garbage.

Comment

I would piss myself to see Kobe Bryant play

Comment

Originally posted by tw805
          Call me when they get an NHL game. I'll come down for that. The NBA is garbage.
          talk about a yawn fest
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
            talk about a yawn fest
            What are you talking about? Hockey is an amazing, enticing sport. Plus, the league as a whole is much better than the NBA...
            Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
            Students > Alumni
            If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
            The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
              talk about a yawn fest
              What are you talking about? Hockey is an amazing, enticing sport. Plus, the league as a whole is much better than the NBA...
              Is that why no major network covers them during the regular season anymore, minus a couple on NBC here and there?

Also, the fan support is weak and am sure is way less than in the NBA. I too think the NBA is garbage, but it beats hockey by a landslide. I know it's only the CHL, but how well attended are Thunder games?

I'd watch an NBA exhibition game.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
                talk about a yawn fest
                Attendance and Ratings are both up in the NBA this year for the regular season and Playoffs, thats something NHL dont have. Hell the NHL can barely get their highlights shown on Sportscenter

Comment

By the way, I have been watching the NBA playoffs alot, and for the Orlando Magic Maurice Evans starts. He had a pretty good game the other night, he scored 17 points and he had to defend the Pistons best scorer Rip Hamilton. I know some dont like him for how things ended with him here, but its still kind of neat to see a former Shocker starting for a NBA playoff team.

Comment

NBA is much better than it used to be and I find myself actually watching a few games the last couple years. I'll be going to this.

Comment

What's the old adage? "I went to a Boxing Match and a Hockey Game broke out."

Comment

Whoever said the NHL is a yawn-fest hasn't been to a game, I'll guarantee it.

NHL TV ratings are up something like 30% this year. They're still not in bulk what the NBA ratings are, but NBA ratings have been declining since Jordan retired. In terms of advertising dollars, I'm not sure that the 1.1 averaged for NHL playoff games (on a network only carried in 70% of households) is all that different from the 2.1 that the NBA averaged. I'm sure someone could do a nice job of disputing that, though.

The NHL can barely get their highlights shown on SportsCenter? True, but you can't possibly fail to see the connection between the NHL's departure for Versus and the incredibly steep drop-off on ESPN air time. It couldn't be that the massive (should have been illegal) conglomerate that is ESPN and ABC has a vested interest in viewership of NBA games, could it?

I will certainly concede that hockey does not have the national popularity of basketball (on a general level), but I fail to see what that has to do with anything. Hockey may be a lot of things, but boring it is not. I've been a fan since I attended a Blues game in the early '90s. You can't judge it until you've seen in person grown men flying around at 30 mph slamming into each other at full steam. The skill to manage to skate and stickhandle in the middle of all of that is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by tw805
                          Whoever said the NHL is a yawn-fest hasn't been to a game, I'll guarantee it.

NHL TV ratings are up something like 30% this year. They're still not in bulk what the NBA ratings are, but NBA ratings have been declining since Jordan retired. In terms of advertising dollars, I'm not sure that the 1.1 averaged for NHL playoff games (on a network only carried in 70% of households) is all that different from the 2.1 that the NBA averaged. I'm sure someone could do a nice job of disputing that, though.

The NHL can barely get their highlights shown on SportsCenter? True, but you can't possibly fail to see the connection between the NHL's departure for Versus and the incredibly steep drop-off on ESPN air time. It couldn't be that the massive (should have been illegal) conglomerate that is ESPN and ABC has a vested interest in viewership of NBA games, could it?

I will certainly concede that hockey does not have the national popularity of basketball (on a general level), but I fail to see what that has to do with anything. Hockey may be a lot of things, but boring it is not. I've been a fan since I attended a Blues game in the early '90s. You can't judge it until you've seen in person grown men flying around at 30 mph slamming into each other at full steam. The skill to manage to skate and stickhandle in the middle of all of that is amazing.
                          wrong like i said earlier the NBA attendance and ratings are way up this year. But personally if Hockey is ur thing then that cool, but i rather watch the NBA on any given day, its actually my 2nd favorite pro sport after the NFL. I even buy the NBA season package, so that show you how much a fan i am of the league. I think it has gotten alot better the last couple years.

Comment

I'd much rather watch an NHL game than the NBA. I haven't been able to sit through an NBA game in at least 10 years. I try a couple times every year because people say it's better now, but I really haven't seen it.

SportsCenter practically cut ties with the NHL since the move. Using that against the NHL is just stupid. That's like saying the Valley is horrible because there's very little coverage on ESPN and SC.

As a whole the NBA is going to have better ratings because it's basketball. Everybody has been around the sport. The same can't be said for hockey.

I believe the Thunder still average around 6k or so. That was the last number I'd seen.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'd be careful. Unless it's late in the pre-season, you'll only be watching the scrubs on the end of the bench. I still remember I took some friends to one of the CAVS' home pre-season games in Cleveland hoping to watch Lebron his first year. He played 4 minutes and took 2 shots. Unless there's a local interest, etc. NBA pre-season can be brutal.

:cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Wushock41
                                I'd be careful. Unless it's late in the pre-season, you'll only be watching the scrubs on the end of the bench. I still remember I took some friends to one of the CAVS' home pre-season games in Cleveland hoping to watch Lebron his first year. He played 4 minutes and took 2 shots. Unless there's a local interest, etc. NBA pre-season can be brutal.

:cry:
                                and thats why i think the soon to be OKC sonics should be one of the teams to play here.

Comment

Working...
                                X