2008 Old Spice Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Old Spice Classic

Well, the field is officially set. They found a team to replace Memphis and that team is........Georgetown!

The official field is Georgetown, Gonzaga, Maryland, Michigan State, Oklahoma State, Siena, Tennessee and Wichita State.

I was just looking at post-draft declaration preseason top 25 lists and foxsports has Michigan State #2, Gonzaga #6, Tennessee #10 and Georgetown #13. This is going to be an incredible tournament and in my opinion is the top tournament in the country next year. I'm definitely making the trip to Orlando!

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/8083026/UNC,-Michigan-St.-look-good-for-'08-'09

Yikes.

:bball_spin:

Comment

wow, if we can one or two in this tournament, that could be a real springboard.
      ________
      Live Sex Webshows
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

The list of teams excite me in name only.

Comment

Looking at this, I was going to say we looked like the weakest team on the list.

Then I saw Oklahoma State.

Comment

Next season’s team should be experienced, with leading rebounder Ramon Clemente starting his senior year.
            About the last thing next year's team will be is experienced. Even our exprerience is relatively inexperienced at the D-1 level.

Comment

1972, that was exactly my thought when I read that. I would bet that WSU is matched up against one of the heavyweights in the first game. Here is my guess for the 1st round matchups.

Gonzaga v. Wichita State
              Georgetown v. Siena
              Tennessee v. Maryland
              Michigan State v. Oklahoma State

Comment

Man, with a lineup like that, Creighton would of dropped like third period French.
                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Sounds like a high caliber tournament. Here's dreaming for a WSU vs. Sienna championship after beating Gary Williams and the IZZO.
                  Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Well, we've already beaten Tennessee, but we've lost to Michigan State. I'm ready for someone new like Gonzaga or Georgetown.

Comment

That is a hell of a group of teams. It could very well be a rough tournament for a young and inexperienced Shocker team. But it should allow them to grow up fast and learn what it takes to compete at the level we should be at.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

But imagine what even 1 win could do for the confidence of a VERY young Shocker team.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                          But imagine what even 1 win could do for the confidence of a VERY young Shocker team.
                          1 win could lead to 3 in Orlando. Wowsers! I'd like to get Georgetown in the first round. Beat a Big East team right from the get go.

Comment

This is a dream field to be involved in. However, our team will have a lot of 'growing' to do before we're able to contend with some of those big programs. Remember, we're going to be BETTER (and that's the most important thing) than last year, but far from a known quantity. Very young too, but they should keep getting better with each year. I kind of wish we had this tournament on the schedule 1-2 years down the road.

With that said, it would be VERY cool to pull an upset or two, and get WSU on the national stage and get people talking about us again. The best is yet to come.

Not trying to be a pessimist--I'm actually looking VERY much forward to next year and the years to come--I'm just trying to be realistic. Rome wasn't built in a day. Our day will come.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Must watch only 30secs

8) 8) :good: 8) 8)
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                              X