Keno to Providence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keno to Providence?

"It's his job if he wants it," one source close to the situation said.

There's a better job for now, and he has it. I hope Providence gets back on its feet someday.

Comment

I think he takes it (why not) Drake will be back at the bottom of the pack starting next year and he will never get another chance

Comment

Bad job. He would be fired in 5 yrs!
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Doesn't look good for Drake

Barring a breakdown in negotiations, Davis could be introduced as the next coach at Providence as early as today.
          Get the latest breaking news, sports, entertainment and obituaries in Providence, RI from The Providence Journal.

Comment

You guys are selling PC short if you think Drake is a better job. No doubt it's a tough gig but they have had some pretty good NCAA success and decent amount of NBA talent.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
              You guys are selling PC short if you think Drake is a better job. No doubt it's a tough gig but they have had some pretty good NCAA success and decent amount of NBA talent.
              yup i agree, and so far Drake is a one year fling who is losing a couple starters.
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

PC is the better job. The question and gamble is what else might come along for Davis?

Comment

Gamble? If you mean a better job might come along this spring, OK. If you mean next year or later, he better take the PC job. Drake was a big surprise this year and they might be in a real fight to finish in the top half of the valley next year. We played our worst home game of the season against them and was still within 3 points with under a minute to go; we shot 3 of 21 3pt and 9 of 24 FT. It took MT 7 years and he almost waited to long.

Comment

Originally posted by 7hottamales

PC is the better job. The question and gamble is what else might come along for Davis?
                    Nothing more this year I think. But if he takes PC and does a credible job, who knows in a couple of years where it might lead. I wish him luck with whatever he decides, but I hate for the Valley to lose another coach.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk
                      Gamble? If you mean a better job might come along this spring, OK. If you mean next year or later, he better take the PC job. Drake was a big surprise this year and they might be in a real fight to finish in the top half of the valley next year. We played our worst home game of the season against them and was still within 3 points with under a minute to go; we shot 3 of 21 3pt and 9 of 24 FT. It took MT 7 years and he almost waited to long.

There could very easily be a better opportunity this year.

Besides having a national coach of the year award is always a nice thing to have on the resume. I think it will buy his name some goodwill for at least 2 years.

PC is a pretty average job. Not horrible, but there are at least 60 better ones out there.

One S16 run followed by a pretty average season got MT a top 30 situation. MVC coaches are in demand. He could do better, but it is a step up.

Comment

Coach Keno missed the teams reception at the Iowa Statehouse to recognize his MVC Regular Season and Tourney championships. He was in Boston talking to Providence.

I don't think he would miss that if he wasn't coming back as the head coach at Providence.

Comment

If Keno was only making 150k a year at Drake and he can jump to 750-900
                          at Providence why would he even hesitate? He must feel like he can coach
                          the game and now has a chance to recruit better athletes.
                          What is not to like?
                          "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
                          which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

Let's put it this way - If you were offered a job making at least 5 times your current salary, how many of you would turn it down?

Comment

He is going to get a million a year with a 7-year contract. He's going to be introduced at a 5:00 press conference. Pretty good move for Keno in my opinion. I think Drake would have struggled to be in the top half of the Valley this season so Keno is getting his money while he's hot. Sucks for Drake.

Get NCAA Men's College Basketball news, scores, stats, poll rankings & more for your favorite college teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

Comment

Working...
                              X