New Season/New Conference Pep Rally on September 25th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Season/New Conference Pep Rally on September 25th

WICHITA, Kan. – Wichita State University will be celebrating the start of a new era during the State of The American event on Monday, Sept. 25 at Charles Koch Arena.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 6, 2017, 04:28 PM.

That's POW6R to you.

Comment

yes!

Comment

Of course it's on a weekday....damnit. Didn't want to miss this one. Oh well. Should be a lot of fun.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
          Of course it's on a weekday....damnit. Didn't want to miss this one. Oh well. Should be a lot of fun.
          I would have also preferred that they had started it an hour later but, hey, we got the tailgate party folks were wanting.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            I would have also preferred that they had started it an hour later but, hey, we got the tailgate party folks were wanting.
            Yeah. Being in Texas now I was just selfishly hoping it would be on a weekend to draw more out-of-towners. No huge deal, just gonna be jealous of those that get to attend. I never missed stuff like this when I lived there. It's hard being away. Lol
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
              Yeah. Being in Texas now I was just selfishly hoping it would be on a weekend to draw more out-of-towners. No huge deal, just gonna be jealous of those that get to attend. I never missed stuff like this when I lived there. It's hard being away. Lol
              I wonder how much this scheduling may have been impacted by Mike Aresco's schedule and this time of year you are up against College Football on Saturdays and NFL Football on Sundays.

Comment

i don't care if it was on planet pluto on a wednesday. i'll be there. sorry if you can't be there, but i hope you'll be there in spirit.

marshall said coaches and players must pick up their game now.. so must fans.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  That's POW6R to you.
                  Hey if you put the A next Wu you get ... AWuuuuuuuu
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

For many reasons, I have never been a fan of an odd number of teams in a conference. So I recall two years ago when Navy entered the league as a member of the new six-team West division for football, how NATURAL the Shockers would be to fulfill that spot for divisional play with non-football sports. I confess I was not that aware of the prior/existing rivalry with Tulsa, either.

I noted to self, it’s too bad that their addition is probably not being considered. That it is now a reality is beyond therapy. Our league noted a shot in the arm on the hardwood. And … I won’t take a cheap shot at the Missouri Valley, but thought the AAC would be much more beneficial to WSU at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by MemTGRS View Post
                      For many reasons, I have never been a fan of an odd number of teams in a conference. So I recall two years ago when Navy entered the league as a member of the new six-team West division for football, how NATURAL the Shockers would be to fulfill that spot for divisional play with non-football sports. I confess I was not that aware of the prior/existing rivalry with Tulsa, either.

I noted to self, it’s too bad that their addition is probably not being considered. That it is now a reality is beyond therapy. Our league noted a shot in the arm on the hardwood. And … I won’t take a cheap shot at the Missouri Valley, but thought the AAC would be much more beneficial to WSU at the same time.
                      Take all the cheap shots at the Valley you want ... they like things cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by MemTGRS View Post
                        And … I won’t take a cheap shot at the Missouri Valley, but thought the AAC would be much more beneficial to WSU at the same time.
                        There is a difference between acknowledging the reality that the MVC is no longer a very good league (which most WSU are happy to do), and using that fact to fuel a very ignorant and frequently disproved narrative that such reality also means that WSU is not and can not be one of the best teams in the country (as most non-WSU fans are happy to do). You are living in the reality; that the AAC adding WSU is a significant improvement for both parties.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                          Take all the cheap shots at the Valley you want ... they like things cheap.
                          But if you take their cheap shots, they won't be able to afford any shots at all!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            But if you take their cheap shots, they won't be able to afford any shots at all!
                            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Looks like it could very well rain on this parade. Will they try to move everything inside Koch Arena for the 5:00 start?

Comment

Working...
                              X