No announcement yet.

Trent Johnson leaves Stanford for LSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't LSU in the Final Four a couple of seasons ago? I don't think its particularly a basketball friendly school, but its a good conference with a good athletic department, or at least highly successful teams. I guess I don't see it as that huge a step down.
    Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by wsu789
      Wasn't LSU in the Final Four a couple of seasons ago? I don't think its particularly a basketball friendly school, but its a good conference with a good athletic department, or at least highly successful teams. I guess I don't see it as that huge a step down.

Exactly...they were in the Final Four a couple of years ago but still can't get anybody (relatively) to come to their games, so they aren't a basketball school in terms of fan support for sure.

Comment

dale brown was mostly successful for quite a while at lsu...while lsu is not a superpower in basket ball they have had more success than others in the sec...not sure why this job turned into something that less than desireable but apprently it has.

Comment

Lack of fan support as Charlie mentioned would be a big reason. That, and it's definitely a football school in the middle of football country.

I still think it can be a good job. Although I'm not sure how much support the administration puts into it.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
          X