Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Don't you mean St. Francis.

Maybe not. Yesterday, @ShoxMTXE was at his pulpit above lecturing the board about the evils of gambling by quoting the bible. Then today he is posting that his son is encouraging him to watch Brokeback Mountain which came out in 2005 because he likes Western movies.

I have to say that my troll antennae are starting to twitch a bit.
    Originally posted by AndShock View Post
    I'm impressed he's managed to hold back for 4+ years.
    I was wanting to say something, but held off due to that join date. Just seems like someone who joined 4 years ago, even if they were just a very casual lurker, would have picked up more knowledge of WSU athletics and MBB in particular. His posts do seem to be getting more strange as well.

Comment

I was in Little Rock on business all day yesterday so I did not have a chance to browse the threads. As I logged on and am shocked and hurt to see accusations of being a troll. We had planned on making the trip to Wichita next weekend to attend the Volleyball 101 Dinner. I am now strongly considering forgoing our weekend escape. I’m absolutely torn. I shared the news with Maggie and she now wants to cancel our Tallgrass Inn reservations and forgo our trip.

I’ve silently read this bulletin board for years. I never commented because I thought so would be shunned because I myself didn’t go to WSU but rather Newman. I thought this board would welcome us because of my wife’s a diehard alum.

The prejudice this bulletin board displays towards new members is astronomical and upsetting. Here we are trying to connect with past and future friends through our mutual love of Wichita State Athletics and yet there are members here who are trying to tear connections apart.

I don’t know if I’m welcomed here or shunned. I know this isn’t the first time this board has had a serious problem about segregating and removing new members as indicated by some of the past threads.

It hurt. Feel cold.

Comment

Things you should do: take the trip to the volleyball 101.
        Things you should not do: bare you soul on the internet.
        I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxMTXE View Post
          I was in Little Rock on business all day yesterday so I did not have a chance to browse the threads. As I logged on and am shocked and hurt to see accusations of being a troll. We had planned on making the trip to Wichita next weekend to attend the Volleyball 101 Dinner. I am now strongly considering forgoing our weekend escape. I’m absolutely torn. I shared the news with Maggie and she now wants to cancel our Tallgrass Inn reservations and forgo our trip.

I’ve silently read this bulletin board for years. I never commented because I thought so would be shunned because I myself didn’t go to WSU but rather Newman. I thought this board would welcome us because of my wife’s a diehard alum.

The prejudice this bulletin board displays towards new members is astronomical and upsetting. Here we are trying to connect with past and future friends through our mutual love of Wichita State Athletics and yet there are members here who are trying to tear connections apart.

I don’t know if I’m welcomed here or shunned. I know this isn’t the first time this board has had a serious problem about segregating and removing new members as indicated by some of the past threads.

It hurt. Feel cold.
          I wouldn't take anything that is said on this board personally. Anything.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

It hurt. Feel cold.
            Sorry that this exchange left a bad taste in your mouth. Don't let your excitement about WSU be derailed by a couple of sarcastic comments...and the zingers around here can fly pretty rapidly.

I promise you that your trip to Volleyball 101 will be well worth it. I hope you will still go.

And I have no complaints about you going to Newman. One of my favorite people in the world teaches music there.
            78-65

Comment

My apologies to @ShoxMTXE for my innuendo's. He probably isn't a troll since he has been a member fo the board for 4 years and I should have picked up on that. My bad there.

However, in my defense the posts about the evils of gambling and then wanting to see Brokeback Mountain at the urging of his son seemed very "Uncle Mike" like.

But I was probably wrong to make the posts that I did.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 10, 2017, 11:02 AM.

Comment

@ShoxMTXE:, I think we were all onboard until you threw out the ‘Brokeback Mountain’ zinger…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Feel cold or feel Co|d?

Comment

It hurt. Feel cold.
                    LOL, you are trolling right?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      My apologies to @ShoxMTXE for my innuendo's. He probably isn't a troll since he has been a member fo the board for 4 years and I should have picked up on that. My bad there.

However, in my defense the posts about the evils of gambling and then wanting to see Brokeback Mountain at the urging of his son seemed very "Uncle Mike" like.

But I was probably wrong to make the posts that I did.
                      This.

I encourage you, @ShoxMTXE:, to strongly consider that this board has had a good number of people join over the last few years who were questionable at best regarding their intentions on being on this board. I'm not saying you are one of them, however, @1972Shocker: is a very honorable poster and I don't believe you would find anyone on this board that doesn't like him as a poster and appreciates his solid posts on the many, if not all of, WSU athletic programs. If you stay and are true to your word, you will feel the same way about him as others on this board. There are those on here that have unique posting styles that most everyone here has gotten use to, understands, and appreciates. If you stay on this board, yours will be too.

I got straight called out by a regular poster here early in my first year (11 years ago) as not a true Shocker fan. However, I knew that was not true and they would just have to get use to me. I think most have, but I really didn't care one way or the other. I have made many friends here and very glad I stayed. If you feel as I did about WSU athletics, perhaps you can approach this board in a similar way as I did. I find it very rewarding.

Regardless, a fan board should have no negative impact on how an individual or family can enjoy WSU athletics. If it does, one just wasn't that interested to begin with. Most who love WSU and its athletics are not on this board, just the more FANatical. All fan boards can be a handful to handle sometimes.

Looking forward to see where you go with this.

Comment

What an incredibly strange turn of events. This might be the most apologetic I've ever seen this place. @ShoxMTXE:, I urge you to hang around and go to WSU sporting events. First off, you should never care what strangers on the internet think. Secondly, pretty sure everyone was just joking around anyway, which we do often.

You are welcome here.

Comment

"First, the need to develop a strong immunity to everything. Insults, injuries, pain, age, and all the negativity life sometimes throws at you." I am not trying to stir the pot here but I find it a little ironic that this was the first quality mentioned in said post.

Comment

I appreciate the apologies but I hope us fans can stick together. Maggie is upset but I think she’ll get over it. I told her, “if you are distraught by anything you read online, you probably shouldn’t go online.” I can understand you all being very protective of your community. I’ve been apart of this ShockerNet community for over four years! I’d tell Maggie the news I read and she’d “fill in the color” from what she heard from her girlfriends live in Andover. Hell, we’ve been a part of the Shocker fan base for over 30!

Maggie wanted to cancel the trip. She called Tallgrass Inn but didn’t have the reservation number and couldn’t complete it. I’m hoping it blows over, as I’m sure it will. Women, am I right?

Comment

Bearcats#1 could learn quite a bit from this topic.

Comment

"Duke now the odds-on favorite to win NCAA title, according to oddsmakers" - NBC Sports

By Rob Dauster
                                Aug 15, 2017, 2:02 PM EDT

With Marvin Bagley III now in the fold, Duke has jumped up to become the favorite to win the national title in 2017-18, according to the Westgate Superbook.

"...If you’re looking to place a wager on a team to win the title, the bets I really like are USC and Wichita State at 30/1 odds and Miami at 60/1. Those are three top ten teams with the horses to make a deep run in March.

Anyway, here is the full list of odds from the Westgate.

TEAM, OPEN, CURRENT
                                1. Duke, 12/1, 3/1
                                2. Kentucky, 10/1, 8/1
                                3. Michigan State, 20/1, 10/1
                                4. Kansas, 12/1, 12/1
                                5. Arizona, 20/1, 12/1
                                6. Louisville, 12/1, 15/1
                                7. UCLA, 40/1, 25/1
                                8. USC, 60/1, 30/1
                                8. Wichita State, 20/1, 30/1
                                8. Texas, 300/1, 30/1
                                8. North Carolina, 12/1, 30/1