Over / under for losses this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over / under for losses this year

So today I had some time to think about the upcoming season and the hype that is Wichita State Basketball. I was talking to a friend and we started discussing what our expectations were for the year.

My question was, what do you think will be the over under for losses this season?

My friend said 7 losses, he thought WSU would have 7 or more losses by the time the season was over. At first I found myself thinking No way, No chance we have 7 or more losses this season with the guys we have returning. As I started thinking it through I found myself justifying his response. New conference......tougher non conference schedule (Baylor, OU, OSU)......new arenas with different travel then we are used to.

I'm curious as to what other Shocker fans feel is a reasonable amount of losses this year for a team picked preseason in the top 10 and the new AAC schedule ahead of us?
    Don't sweat the petty things .....and.....don't pet the sweaty things.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I like these polls. After I have a schedule and a roster.

Comment

Comment

I'll say 3

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
            im going to say 5 losses. 7 just seems high to me. But I'm slightly worried about the new kid on the block so to speak adjusting to all the new places we will be playing.
            Don't sweat the petty things .....and.....don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Wow.

Comment

If someone finds a line for 7 losses I will hammer that under.

Comment

I'll guess 5. A headscratcher, not about the Shox but about where in the world did that team come from?! Maybe one when they get laid, maybe two in-conference? I guess I can't find number 5 so 3-4?

Comment

Livin the dream

Comment

5 or 6. Two nonconference, three or four in conference. I have a lot of confidence in the squad that we'll have next year.
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Mark me for 9.

Not a knock on us, but all teams have off nights. A night last year resulted in a 12 point win vs. 30 point win. This year it results in a 5 point loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                          Mark me for 9.

Not a knock on us, but all teams have off nights. A night last year resulted in a 12 point win vs. 30 point win. This year it results in a 5 point loss.
                          6-8, with sweating a 4-7 seed as opposed to 4 and sweating a bid. Too many good games on the road to come out of conference unscathed. This is a good thing.
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

If Tim "Garrett Stutz' balls" Jankovich can coach an NBA team to 20-1 in the AAC, let alone a 6 deep SMU squad, it will be a cold day in Hell before Gregg Marshall loses 5 games in conference with the team he has next year.

Comment

4; 1 non-con and 3 conf, all on the road (getting homered).

Comment

Working...
                              X