A question I posed on another board.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question I posed on another board.

I posted the picture on Docs thread with Roy Williams wearing the Jayhawk button.

I posed the question to Carolina fans asking them what they thought. Most of them are really pissed about it.

But anyways I wanted to pose the question here and ask what you thought

You read my mind sauce. The UNC board had a thread last night that had 500 posts and was 14 pages long before the game ended....Stickergate is alive and well. I know its roy and his dagum it, the little train that could, and all his other corny stuff....He just cant help himself.
    1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

I found it odd but he's always been supportive of KU even after he left. You know at that point he wanted KU to win and there was no doubt about it. Would we get upset if Marshall was wearing a Winthrop button or something if they made a run to the title and we weren't playing?
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Thats a good point sub..honestly I cant see myself or anyone else being upset with HCGM doing that. Probably because its Winthrop and another mid major and we know hes not going back to Winthrop. But what if for some reason it was a BCS School.

I think the problem is the history between the two schools and some of their uptight fans. Where else would you expect to find a coach from a top 20 head coaching job wearing the mascot of a rival at a national championship game.

Gillespie wearing a Texas A & M button ....I dont think so ...but I do see your point
        1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
          I found it odd but he's always been supportive of KU even after he left. You know at that point he wanted KU to win and there was no doubt about it. Would we get upset if Marshall was wearing a Winthrop button or something if they made a run to the title and we weren't playing?
          Marshall sat behind the Winthrop bench and cheered them on during the Paradise Jam. It was commented on, and most of us understand because those are still mostly the kids he recruited. Would we expect him to act differently 5 years from now? I doubt it. He is forthright and sincere, and we all know and understand that he put his heart and soul into building and maintaining that program. His continued support of it is to be expected. Why they would expect anything else from a guy who spent 15 years at one place?

Comment

Would we get upset if Marshall was wearing a Winthrop button or something if they made a run to the title immediately after beating us?
            fixed

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
              Would we get upset if Marshall was wearing a Winthrop button or something if they made a run to the title immediately after beating us?
              fixed
              I would be a little upset if two days before Winthrop had beat our asses to play for a National Championship.
              THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

I really dislike Roy, and I thought it was a classy move.

Comment

I DON'T dislike Roy and it WAS a classy move. Maybe, just maybe, he wants to put all hard feelings to bed once and for all. Possibly this was a peace offering. I only hope the KU fans finally take the olive branch that Williams is offering and let by-gones be by-gones. The future is bright for both teams, NC and KU. ---- and even brighter for the Shoxs.

Comment

I thought it was a classy move, showing his allegiance to KU outside of NC.

And I think posters on here that hold onto 'grudges' so hard, or 'hate' someone so much when that person or facility did nothing to them on a personal basis have a problem more so than the other one.

Comment

I support Roy and I don't hate him at all. He seems really top notch and classy. the sticker proved it. I don't see how someone could hate Roy. He reminds me of a stereotypical southern gentleman.

Comment

I disliked KU a lot more when Roy Toy was still the coach.
                        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl
                          I disliked KU a lot more when Roy Toy was still the coach.
                          :good: :good:
                          SFL is back!

Comment

I think the difference is a lot of Winthrop fans still love him and completely understand him leaving. Not to mention he left on a good note. On the other hand, most of the KU fans I know wish Roy the worst and hope he never accomplishes anything. That kind of comes with lying to your school about not leaving, and then bolting for UNC.

Comment

I for one would kiss MT's feet if we beat him in the Final 4 and saw him sitting in the stands with a Wushock sticker on his shirt. :D

Comment

Working...
                              X