Different WSU online forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different WSU online forums

Can somebody tell me the history of these different boards. Do most of you pick one and stick with it, jump around, or post on all of them? Is there bad blood between shockernet and wheatshockers? Is one better, more well known? The posts on the AAC thread got me wondering. Royal and DU thanks for making shockernet great. Just curious is all.

ShockerNet is the only place to be... I've seen few others shocker hoops was good... But the one stop shop for info and forum ... This the place to be

Comment

Wheatshockers is mostly people that have had a problem with ShockerNet's mods and/or admins at one time or another. Those differences mostly stem from the way suspensions/bannings have been doled out. There are a few people that frequent both boards just because they are interested in discussing Wichita State wherever possible. I read Wheatshockers but I don't think I've ever posted there, there just isn't enough discussion for me to feel like I need to contribute. I mostly read Wheatshockers because Cold posts over there. I can never get enough Cold.

Comment

There are people that post on both but this board is far more active and diverse. Recruiting stuff provided by our guru @shocks02: cannot be touched.

Comment

Maybe we can get the shoe people to go post over there. I like shoes as well as the next gal, but seriously.
          Last edited by Shocker Mama; June 27, 2017, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
            Maybe we can get the shoe people to ho post over there. I like shoes as well as the next gal, but seriously.
            Mama you don't like the Nike Zooms?? Ha!

Good info on the different forums. I appreciate everyones take and explaining the back stories.

Comment

Originally posted by wheathead View Post
              Mama you don't like the Nike Zooms?? Ha!

Good info on the different forums. I appreciate everyones take and explaining the back stories.
              Those posts read like they were written by someone whose primary language is not English. So they just put a lot of shoe-related words into a sentence, in random fashion.

Comment

I am one of those who posts and reads both forums. I was once called out for posting something over there about Isaac Humphries being in town and not posting it over here. Thought it was a little weird, but it didn't stop me from still enjoying both boards. There's also quite a bit of Shocker stuff going on over on the AAC board on CSNbbs. All of that being said, this is definitely the most active of the boards and if I have only a few minutes to catch up on Shocker news, recruiting, etc., this is my go to board.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I wasn't around for whatever happened that caused the split between the boards.
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

This is the only one that counts. The rest is fake Shocker news. No, I'm changing it.....very fake Shocker news.

Comment

There's a Shocker Faithful Facebook group that has some posters who get info before it appears here. It's not terribly active, but Sara Orr James does a good job of keeping fans there informed.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                      Maybe we can get the shoe people to go post over there. I like shoes as well as the next gal, but seriously.
                      🌻🏀🌻awesome post
                      SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                      gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        There's a Shocker Faithful Facebook group that has some posters who get info before it appears here. It's not terribly active, but Sara Orr James does a good job of keeping fans there informed.
                        She's a jewel for sure!!!
                        SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                        gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

Regarding the shoe posts, I remember the "Motorcycle Parts" bot unintentionally having several relevant posts on Hot Chicks With Douchebags when it was still active. Maybe we'll get as lucky.
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Wheat Shockers came into being about four years ago when Shockers got really good! It started with two or three fans, one of which can't complete a post without the f-bomb. That said, all are great Shocker fans. After that Subgod, who was a huge volume poster got mad, over what I could not tell, and went over there. Since then another half dozen exceptionally interesting posters have move over to wheatshockers as they've been put on probation for one reason or another.

It's a good board. Has good discussion and gets fewer trolls. I have posted actively on both boards, but I can't keep up during the season.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

If there were 5 Shocker basketball forums I'd read 'em daily. Love me some Shocker hoops!

Comment

Working...
                              X