2018 NBA Mock Drafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
    Landry #29 in this one. I think he'll be gone by the time the Cavaliers pick.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/ri...-start-on-top/
    So are the odds 100 percent he makes it? The difficulty Gregg has now is how he goes forward with recruiting. There are a lot of talented college basketball players out there and I see no one who is a real good prognosticator on the NBA draft. Semi Ogelye (spelling?) from SMU left early and went no higher than Early and doesn't have a guaranteed contract. It'll be interesting to follow him and whether he ends up in D league.
    Last edited by shockmonster; June 23, 2017, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Comment

This is proof that a lot of talented players (McDonalds All Americans) like PJ Dozier, and Isaiah Briscoe were not drafted and are no better off than FVV and Ron Baker who used up their entire eligibility of 4 and 5 years at WSU. This NBA thing may have a lot of bright lights but Landry and Markis need to not get ahead of their skis and jump too early because they could leave early and not earn very much of money and then be forced to come back to WSU on their own dime.

Comment

All this potential draft talk of our Shockers has got me wondering a bit more about...do we maybe have a couple more guys on this years roster that may also be included in next year's draft???

Shament, McDuff and Morris all been talked about...but what if Willis has a break-out monster season...or who knows...is it possible for Conner to get some NBA talk???

Wouldn't that be sumthing if 3 or 4 or gulp FIVE current Shockers got drafted next June!!! Probably a reach...but for some reason...I guess I wouldn't be all that surprised.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
            All this potential draft talk of our Shockers has got me wondering a bit more about...do we maybe have a couple more guys on this years roster that may also be included in next year's draft???

Shament, McDuff and Morris all been talked about...but what if Willis has a break-out monster season...or who knows...is it possible for Conner to get some NBA talk???

Wouldn't that be sumthing if 3 or 4 or gulp FIVE current Shockers got drafted next June!!! Probably a reach...but for some reason...I guess I wouldn't be all that surprised.
            No
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

What position would Conner play in the NBA? He's too short to play shooting guard and not good enough to play point guard. Maybe he could do something in the annual 3-point shooting contest.

Comment

and JR Simon????????

Comment

Don't muddle the waters. AZ is out on his own limb. We have two NBA prospects and several who will get an opportunity overseas. It's not easy to make it in the NBA.

Comment

I could see Frankamp making a living -- and not a D-League living, either -- playing basketball, but not in this country. Just depends on what he wants to do next.

Comment

Shaq comparisons to James Johnson/Derrick Williams and CF playing in the Association....we all, collectively, must be more credible.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        No
                        This is correct. Frankamp, Willis, Brown, and Kelly will need to dramatically exceed their ceilings to sniff the NBA.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                          There is a positive aspect to the con of losing Landry and Markis early. Recruits will see what Marshall can do with guys outside of the top 100, turning them into 1st round draft picks. We may lose our best players, but we'll reap the benefits.
                          As a minor point of clarification, recruits will see what Marshall can do with borderline top 100 recruits.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                            As a minor point of clarification, recruits will see what Marshall can do with borderline top 100 recruits.
                            this is an important point I think

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              This is correct. Frankamp, Willis, Brown, and Kelly will need to dramatically exceed their ceilings to sniff the NBA.
                              Brown and Kelly have things they can improve/develop that could givr them a sniff -- ball handling and outside shooting. Frankamp and
                              Willis don't possess the exceptional athleticism to overcome offensive/defensive weaknesses at the NBA level.
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                                This is proof that a lot of talented players (McDonalds All Americans) like PJ Dozier, and Isaiah Briscoe were not drafted and are no better off than FVV and Ron Baker who used up their entire eligibility of 4 and 5 years at WSU. This NBA thing may have a lot of bright lights but Landry and Markis need to not get ahead of their skis and jump too early because they could leave early and not earn very much of money and then be forced to come back to WSU on their own dime.
                                You do know what league minimum is right?

Comment

Working...
                                X