2018 NBA Mock Drafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 NBA Mock Drafts

There are sure to be plenty of them, and several that include one or both of Shamet and McDuffie. Here's one:

Shamet - 1st round - 27th

McDuffie - 1st round - 29th

I definitely think there's a higher risk of losing Shamet next year than there is of losing McDuffie. But man, watching the draft last night, there was a record low 2 seniors taken in the 1st round. And a record high of 16 freshman in the 1st as well. If this trend continues, Markis will certainly want to try to get drafted next year. Lucky for him, he's young for a Junior.

Comment

I get the sense that Reaves, Keyser and SHJ will be our only returning players with more than spot minutes after next season.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        I get the sense that Reaves, Keyser and SHJ will be our only returning players with more than spot minutes after next season.
        I think this is highly probable.

Comment

Shamet will play himself into the lottery imo and you basically have to go at that point especially when you've already missed a season due to injury. I get the sense that McDuffie is gone as long as he's projected to get drafted. It seemed like he was closer to leaving than he should've been this past season.

Comment

If the Shockers go to the F4 or go deep in the tournament, our success will be because of Landry and MM, both will be 1st rounders and are gone. If we have a sub-par season and don't go where we are expected to go, it will probably because one or both had sub-par years, and they will drop and then they probably will be back. We will have very good season either way, but if we tank the NCAA, their stock may go down.

Comment

It's a double-edge sword but I'll take the side of the blade where Shamet and Duff take us deep into the tournament and then declare for the draft.

Comment

One other note of caution. Other early drafts that I've seen, aren't mentioning Landry or Markis. That doesn't mean they are that good, just that they aren't on aou lot of public radar screens at this time. The fanside writer has on his bio that he is a Kansas transplant who lives in DC. I don't know if he has any other relationship with WSU or these players than that, but this may be one reason, he has paid attention toWSU.

Comment

If Landry has a similar year to last year, I think he becomes a 1rst rounder for next years draft. I like Markis McDuffie, but I just don't see him in the first round. Crazy things can happen, though. You look at this years draft, and you can see a lot of SF/PF with their height and weight going in the second round. I guess a good comparison is Markis McDuffie and Cleanthony Early (34rth pick). I think I will take Cle over Markis, eight days a week.

Edit: Just wanted to add a note that I think Landry will have to show he can play above the rim to get into the first round. Also, I would like to see him show of the jumping abilities while in CKA.

Comment

If Landry just maintains his numbers and percentages from this year into the new conference next year, he will be a first round pick. If he improves, he will be borderline lottery. He's an athletic 6'5 PG that values the ball (3-1 A/TO), that can shoot >40% from 3 and can drive and get to the rim. That's pretty much the ideal mold for a lottery pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Axe View Post
                      It's a double-edge sword but I'll take the side of the blade where Shamet and Duff take us deep into the tournament and then declare for the draft.
                      There is a positive aspect to the con of losing Landry and Markis early. Recruits will see what Marshall can do with guys outside of the top 100, turning them into 1st round draft picks. We may lose our best players, but we'll reap the benefits.

Comment

Would love to see Shaq get a few looks. You can't tell me Jordan Bell, Bam, and Ike from UCLA are that much better than him.
                        Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

If the goal is to make deep NCAA tournament runs, then the upside of being able to make a deep tournament run next year because we did not make a deep tournament run this year does not make sense.

The choice is always clear: Take the deep tournament run. Enjoy the heck out of it. Do the best you can to reload after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxcity View Post
                            Would love to see Shaq get a few looks. You can't tell me Jordan Bell, Bam, and Ike from UCLA are that much better than him.
                            I would love to see it too. I am going to have to go with Gregg Marshall on this one. I don't know that he's an NBA player. I think his best bet would be a brief stint in the NBA. He won't get drafted, but I think he will play in the NBA for a short period.

Comment

I think him sort of like a James Johnson on Miami or a Derrick Williams on Cleveland whose carved out a nice space in the league. Little bit of combo forward that plays depending on mismatches.
                              Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

Working...
                              X