No announcement yet.

Isaiah Poor Bear Chandler 6'9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The two commentators who made light of his name are African-American. Can you imagine if they were white guys?
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I thought it was all a big nothingburger and blown out of proportion​​​​​, but as usual, the Mrs. disagrees…

P.S. Definitely ‘steerage class’ announcers.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
        The two commentators who made light of his name are African-American. Can you imagine if they were white guys?
        If Poo was a white guy, wouldn't have been an issue either

Comment

I hadn't heard what was actually said so I pulled it up a bit ago.

Definitely not racist. But most definitely ignorant and came off very poor.

I could understand why Poor Bear, or other Native Americans, might have been put off by that. They're a proud people in general and I could see their comments and laughter as being disrespectful and insulting. Again, I don't think they intended anything and I don't think they were out to make fun of him or his heritage, they were just dumb asses that didn't know any better and nobody had done any research.

I would think that as a professional you would do a rundown of the rosters and if something like that jumped out at you, you might do a little research or ask some questions. These two dildos apparently did neither.

Now, is it as bad as what Mr. Gates has run with on Twitter? No. Should an apology have been made? Absolutely. At the very least, they disrespected him on national TV. And once you know and understand the context of this name, and why he has chosen to run with Poor Bear on his jersey instead of Chandler, it's obvious how important the name and his heritage is to him.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            I hadn't heard what was actually said so I pulled it up a bit ago.

Definitely not racist. But most definitely ignorant and came off very poor.

I could understand why Poor Bear, or other Native Americans, might have been put off by that. They're a proud people in general and I could see their comments and laughter as being disrespectful and insulting. Again, I don't think they intended anything and I don't think they were out to make fun of him or his heritage, they were just dumb asses that didn't know any better and nobody had done any research.

I would think that as a professional you would do a rundown of the rosters and if something like that jumped out at you, you might do a little research or ask some questions. These two dildos apparently did neither.

Now, is it as bad as what Mr. Gates has run with on Twitter? No. Should an apology have been made? Absolutely. At the very least, they disrespected him on national TV. And once you know and understand the context of this name, and why he has chosen to run with Poor Bear on his jersey instead of Chandler, it's obvious how important the name and his heritage is to him.
            To me the bad part was they said multiple times "How cool it was that HCIB let him put 'Pooh Bear' on his jersey". Ignoring the fact that they said his name wrong but basically saying that it was an exception to put his actual name on the jersey because it was "different'

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

To me the bad part was they said multiple times "How cool it was that HCIB let him put 'Pooh Bear' on his jersey". Ignoring the fact that they said his name wrong but basically saying that it was an exception to put his actual name on the jersey because it was "different'
              Just add that to the rest of their dumbassery
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

dumbassery
                Great new word to add to my vocabulary!

Comment

Comment

Comment

He said multiple times that he never wanted to leave Wichita. Even after he thought his career was over, he made his way back to the city. Glad he got to come back home for one last season.

Comment

He'd be an excellent actor for Western movies out in Hollywood.
                        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          He'd be an excellent actor for Western movies out in Hollywood.
                          Mongo

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post

Mongo
                            Hahaha

Well ... I think he could be a badass villain or a giant native american warrior -- lot's of options for him.
                            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Hoping his shoulder is okay before the tournament starts, looked like he couldn't raise after the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Hahaha

Well ... I think he could be a badass villain or a giant native american warrior -- lot's of options for him.
                                One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest II

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X